Frisco Gun Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
    Well, this could've ended badly. Twenty years of firearm experience yet he still managed to have covered the muzzle with his palm and "accidentally" discharged a round while clearing a jam.

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/201...ng-range.html/
    Didn't take long. I'm going to sound like a grumpy old man, but I have mixed emotions about a "gun club/country club/family center". A multi-million dollar facility such as that, is one accident away from going totally under. It has become "hip" and "cool" to carry now. After being through several CHL classes (and quite a bit of range time), I've seen countless people on the range that have no business with a loaded weapon in their hands. IMHO, if you can't clear your own jam, use a revolver. It is certainly your right to carry a weapon, but a lot of responsibility comes with that right.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
      Well, this could've ended badly. Twenty years of firearm experience yet he still managed to have covered the muzzle with his palm and "accidentally" discharged a round while clearing a jam.

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/201...ng-range.html/
      well that is an awful start.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
        well that is an awful start.
        Quite the "Grand Opening"...

Comment

That's fucking funny.

Comment

The news reported he was cleaning a customers gun.
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Reminds me of a time probie and I were getting rung up at eagle and and an employee was checking rental guns in. Every one he pulled out of the bucket he pointed directly at us. How do you work for a range and not follow the golden rule?
              2012 GT500

Comment

Reminds me of a time probie and I were getting rung up at eagle and and an employee was checking rental guns in. Every one he pulled out of the bucket he pointed directly at us. How do you work for a range and not follow the golden rule?
                I almost lost my shit.

Stuff like that is easily avoidable. People muzzle sweeping the next few lanes can be avoided. If they do it. Kick them out. It just amazes me ranges let shit like that happen and we get in trouble for turning the target sideways or shooting "faster than we should". Old guys that think young guys can't shoot/shouldn't be shooting have no place working at a range. They are the reason that the younger guys who do shoot avoid places like that. Fucking old fat bastard..

/soapbox.
                Last edited by Probie; 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM.
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

It's easier to lecture at someone than to look at ones own faults. I watched them lecture a guy about loading his rifle on the shooting table and not on the floor. Guy had it in as safe of a position as any person could have. They picked the case up off the floor to demonstrate and being that the case doesnt fit on the shooting table, they dropped his gun and it fell pointing down the shooting line and people standing back from the shooting line.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    I almost lost my shit.

Stuff like that is easily avoidable. People muzzle sweeping the next few lanes can be avoided. If they do it. Kick them out. It just amazes me ranges let shit like that happen and we get in trouble for turning the target sideways or shooting "faster than we should". Old guys that think young guys can't shoot/shouldn't be shooting have no place working at a range. They are the reason that the younger guys who do shoot avoid places like that. Fucking old fat bastard..

/soapbox.
                    No kidding. Asshat at Cabela was checking out a shotgun and swing the muzzle right across my fucking head. I grabbed the barrel and he looked at me as if I was being rude for stopping his fucking follow-through. If my 8 years old wasn't with me, I would have put the butt plate into his face.

I finally gave up on public ranges and bought a membership with a private gun club out in Ennis. Most of the time, I have the range for myself and it's great. But whenever another shooter is at the range, I still have to assume they are going to do something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post
                      No kidding. Asshat at Cabela was checking out a shotgun and swing the muzzle right across my fucking head. I grabbed the barrel and he looked at me as if I was being rude for stopping his fucking follow-through. If my 8 years old wasn't with me, I would have put the butt plate into his face.

I finally gave up on public ranges and bought a membership with a private gun club out in Ennis. Most of the time, I have the range for myself and it's great. But whenever another shooter is at the range, I still have to assume they are going to do something stupid.
                      Gun stores and gun shows are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post

"it isn't loaded what are you worried about?"
                        2012 GT500

Comment

That's why I don't go to ranges, if you come shooting with me and do that shit, we are done and you are never coming back. Plus, where I shoot is way better than most of the local ranges.

Comment

I'm glad I have access to 100s of acres of family land to shoot with whoever I want, whatever I want, whenever I want. Fuck public ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              That's why I don't go to ranges, if you come shooting with me and do that shit, we are done and you are never coming back. Plus, where I shoot is way better than most of the local ranges.
                              where do you shoot?
                              2012 GT500

Comment

A ranch.

Comment

Working...
                                X