Sent my form to the ATF yesterday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent my form to the ATF yesterday....

I was wondering if anything passes before they issue me a stamp will I be screwed? Or will they grandfather any paperwork that is already in house? Or would any type of ban affect sbr's anyways?

shouldn't affect any NFA items.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      I was wondering if anything passes before they issue me a stamp will I be screwed? Or will they grandfather any paperwork that is already in house? Or would any type of ban affect sbr's anyways?
      Assuming you are doing a Form 1. If the law changes BEFORE your form 1 is approved, then the changes absolutely effects you.

Example, if they ban pistol grips if your gun can accept hi-cap mags, then the BATF will force you to remove the pistol grip and use a compliant stock.

Your gun is NOT pre-ban since you are "Building it". Its only built once the ATF approves your Form 1. Its not grandfathered because you sent it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
        Assuming you are doing a Form 1. If the law changes BEFORE your form 1 is approved, then the changes absolutely effects you.

Example, if they ban pistol grips if your gun can accept hi-cap mags, then the BATF will force you to remove the pistol grip and use a compliant stock.

Your gun is NOT pre-ban since you are "Building it". Its only built once the ATF approves your Form 1. Its not grandfathered because you sent it in.
        Well I own the lower, that is the part that "is the gun" in their eyes isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
          shouldn't affect any NFA items.
          It will affect almost all NFA items. Suppressors won't be able to be used on guns because they're a flash hider, SBR/SBS are pretty much done for from a cool gun stand point. No threaded barrel on your pistol for your can etc etc.

Comment

Everything is and has been speculation up to this point. We dont know, and wont until the lovely and honorable Dianne Feinstein introduces her bill.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Well I own the lower, that is the part that "is the gun" in their eyes isnt it?
              Yes, but a FORM 1, you are Manufacturing a gun. You have to do the engraving, etc as you are the manufacturer.

If the any AWB passes BEFORE your stamp is approved, it WILL effect you. (If its similar to what happened in 1994).

Again its all speculation right now. Just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                Yes, but a FORM 1, you are Manufacturing a gun. You have to do the engraving, etc as you are the manufacturer.

If the any AWB passes BEFORE your stamp is approved, it WILL effect you. (If its similar to what happened in 1994).

Again its all speculation right now. Just wait.
                pewp, I already have the engraving done.

Comment

pewp, I already have the engraving done.
                  Its not approved to be built until you get the approved form back. If it was like last time, you'll have to follow the laws at the time it is approved.

Compliant stocks, no flash hiders, no bayonet lugs, etc. ****IF there is a ban****

Comment

Man... my .22 suppressor... down the drain..

Comment

I sent 2 Form 1's for SBR first of last week. Of course I prepped the documents from half way around the world and didn't have the lowers sitting in front of me. Result = my S/N for my Anvil Arms lower is missing a fucking "0". I have it as "AA057XX" instead of "AA0057XX". Guess I have to wait for the check to cash and go into Pending status so I can change it on the form and resubmit. If I had more checks I would be moving for a SBS next.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Just wondering but how would they know that you messed up on the s/n?

Comment

Just wondering but how would they know that you messed up on the s/n?

Would the ATF reject it because of the mistake? Probably not ever even notice it on their end.
                          Seeing as the approved Form 1 with stamp would never match the SBR if challenged I think it is a safe bet to just fess up and fix it vs take chances for a lifetime.

I am going to take CJ's advise and wait till it goes pending and call them to see how they want me to handle it.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have been wondering about this lately. Exactly when would one expect to be challenged about having a SBR?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              It will affect almost all NFA items. Suppressors won't be able to be used on guns because they're a flash hider, SBR/SBS are pretty much done for from a cool gun stand point. No threaded barrel on your pistol for your can etc etc.
                              Wait, you are saying the ban would make all current Suppressors useless? Or prevent the sale of new ones?

Same for thread barrels etc.?
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                              X