No announcement yet.

Building A Rifle Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have a dozer you could dig a trench 3-4 feet deep to create a clean lane, line the sides with half buried tires or railroad ties, and create a berm 10-12 feet high shaped as a C from the top.

Alternatively you could use some wire mesh and burlap to create some hesco barrier/bastions

Comment

After my time overseas I don't ever want to see hesco barriers again. Lmao. The batteries were dead on the dozer so we decided to go ahead and sight in my rifle. We use one of the tank dams as a birm. Got it dead on at 200 yards. Forgot targets so we were picking off clay pigeons.
      Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
      -Fred Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
        After my time overseas I don't ever want to see hesco barriers again. Lmao. The batteries were dead on the dozer so we decided to go ahead and sight in my rifle. We use one of the tank dams as a birm. Got it dead on at 200 yards. Forgot targets so we were picking off clay pigeons.
        See if you spend more time around them they grow on you. I want to build all sorts of shit with HESCO barriers. Too bad you can not find the exact same ones in the States for reasonable prices.

That and sea (shipping) containers.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Past Target Stand discussion:
          Taking some friends out to our ranch in a couple of weeks to have some fun. Would like to build some different types of targets to shoot at. Any of you guys built some. Please post some pics or ideas. Thanks!

NSSF - Build a berm:
          News, resources and programs tailored to shooting ranges and gun clubs from NSSF, the trade association for the firearms industry.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          It's super dense/hard steel that can take hits from rifle rounds without any damage. Basically it's carbon steel plate armor. And it's really expensive.
          Two local outfits for steel targets:

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
          X