Building A Rifle Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building A Rifle Range

Just got my dad's old Remington 700 25-06. Thursday me and my cousin are gonna go to my uncle's land out north of town and build a range. We want to do 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard targets. We have access to a maintainer and D6 dozer. Looking for suggestions on how to build the target holders and birms. Any ideas?
    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
    -Fred Sanford

Pile dirt up for a birm and just use T-post and sheets of plywood for a place to hang targets.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

You can always buy old railroad ties, stack them up, pour dirt over them and use those as a berm. You could also use old tires, stack those up, fill with dirt/sand, cover with dirt and use those as a berm. Target holders can be a simple wooden frame with cheap thick cardboard pieces for backing. Using steel plate targets is an option as well, it's more cost up front but you don't have to worry about changing it out as often like you would with wood.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I have some scrap steel. How hard would it be to make some swinging steel targets? How do you keep it from ricocheting?
        -Fred Sanford

Comment

Old tires thrown in the berm. They tend to absorb rounds better.

Comment

what's your maintainer's name?

Javier maintains my rifle range... good dude
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I have been wanting to do this for a while now. My brothers and I have plenty of land. I will have to rent a dozer or something some day.

Comment

Railroad ties and lots and lots of dirt

Comment

Make sure that you get has much insurance has possible. The first time some fool purposely shoots pass the range or just a non shooter who can't hit the target you will be in Court. Happens every time

Comment

can we come over?
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                      can we come over?
                      Party time with Bullitt!!

I'd bring a few toys...

Comment

scrap steel will just dimple and ricochet. You need AR500 steel.

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
                          I have some scrap steel. How hard would it be to make some swinging steel targets? How do you keep it from ricocheting?
                          You use AR500 steel and you enclose it in a steel cage so it doesn't ricochet.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Not much in the steel knowledge department. What is ar500 steel? And it is just for family use because of the worry of stray rounds from retards shooting just anywhere. Mostly for sighting in our rifles. Headed out there now to jump on the dozer to start moving some dirt.
                            -Fred Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
                              Not much in the steel knowledge department. What is ar500 steel? And it is just for family use because of the worry of stray rounds from retards shooting just anywhere. Mostly for sighting in our rifles. Headed out there now to jump on the dozer to start moving some dirt.
                              It's super dense/hard steel that can take hits from rifle rounds without any damage. Basically it's carbon steel plate armor. And it's really expensive.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X