Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senator's and Representative's letters on Gun control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator's and Representative's letters on Gun control.

Here are a few that I received from after tireless emails with my Oregonian piece of shit electives.

Oregon's Senator Jeff Merkley

Dear Adolfo,

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts about events that have recently occurred in Oregon and Connecticut. I have heard from many Oregonians who have shared their thoughts and prayers as we process, both individually and as a nation, what happened and try to heal.

I am deeply saddened by these senseless shootings and the loss of innocent lives. As a parent, I was horrified to learn of these heartbreaking events, and I am at a loss to make sense of it all. Mary and I are holding in our thoughts and prayers the victims, their loved ones, the communities, and all who have been affected by these terrible acts of violence.

The tragedy in Newtown affirms that, as a country, we must no longer accept complacency or the unwillingness to discuss gun violence. Massacres like this have occurred all too often across this country. They raise questions that need thorough examination, including the types of weapons and ammunition, the securing of weapons in the home, the application of background checks, and the accessibility of treatment for mental illness.

I fully support President Obama's call to action to prevent these tragedies from continuing to happen. Furthermore, I plan to work with my colleagues in Congress and engage in productive dialogue to answer the question of what strategies can effectively address the epidemic of gun violence.

Please know that I will keep your views and the memory of the lives lost due to gun violence in mind during these discussions.

Thank you for participating in this national dialogue. I hope you will continue to send your thoughts and observations my way.

All my best,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
    United States Senator
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Congressman Henry Cuellar
    January 10, 2013

Mr. Adolfo Guerra
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Laredo, TX 7XXX

Dear Mr. Guerra,

Thank you for contacting my office about Second Amendment issues. I understand and appreciate your point of view on this topic, and I value this opportunity to respond to you.

Like all parents, I was shaken to my core by the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. We are nothing as a nation, if not the promise of a brighter future that we leave to our children. While we mourn these lives that were taken before their time, we must confront these events head on and address the circumstances of this tragedy to ensure the future safety of our communities and children. As the legislative year continues, you can be sure that I will keep your views on this issue in mind, and that I will act to create laws that are consistent with our basic Constitutional rights.

Thank you again for allowing my office to assist you. For more information on my views, legislation and media activity, please visit my Congressional website at cuellar.house.gov. As always, if I or my staff can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to call upon me.

Sincerely,

Henry Cuellar
    U.S. Congressman
    28th District of Texas

HC/MV

Comment

Do me a favor guys. Contact the oregon rep... from an address of your liking in Tillamook Oregon. The postal code is 97141... We need to keep presure on this bastard.

Comment

Working...
      X