older witness, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older witness, any good?

Found this guy locally who is selling a 10mm Witness. Its an older one, built during the AWB and comes with one two-piece magazine and two 15 rounders as well as a couple heavier wolf springs. Are the older models any good or are they to be avoided? I thought I heard something about the newer base model steel guns with the thinned down slide had frame cracking issues, but nothing about the older ones. Thoughts?

I just came a little...

From my research when I was buying my two Witnesses, older witnesses had issues with the slide cracking when firing 10mm loads. Now, in many cases these people sent in their cracked slides and EAA replaced them free of charge.

If it's a good deal, go for it. It wasn't all Witnesses that had the cracking issue, just some. This one could be good to go.

Comment

The truth is no one knows shit about it. You can read those threads all day and you'll find equal people without problems as you do with. The guys with problems are just louder. I've never found any consensus to follow on the 10mm's.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
      X