Can you carry in church in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    I got "wanded" at the State Fair, then showed my CHL and pointed at my weapon, and cruised right in.
    I've been wanted 4 times with my ccw and they haven't picked it up yet. I was a bit nervous at the circus, but the wand didn't pick it up. I felt so much safer.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I still do, same with banks, schools and at work ill keep my holster on but leave the heat in the truck.

Comment

It's legal everywhere if you don't tell anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
          IIRC, the law states that it is illegal to carry at church or other places of worship, but then states that Sub-section is null if they don't have a 30.06 posted.
          This.
          Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          Concealed means concealed.

FWIW, several people I know that are employees of a church carry. In Texas it is dictated by signeage (like Hotrod66stang) says, but some overzealous pastors may try to ensure that their flock is protected from safety and vulnerable to the wolves in the name of being PC. Your mileage may vary.
          The section in the law that states "someone in authority" may disallow it, too. But that person has to direct it at you.

I carry at every church function I go to.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            No need to carry a gun to church. I walk with god and he protects his house!!
            Awesome!

If you come into our church close to half the congregation is armed. Cowboy Church in Nevada, y'all come on!
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I carry every time I go to church. Also we are currently scheduling a church sponsored CHL class so more members of the church will start carrying.

Comment

The safest method with this is to get written permission from the church. That is how the state asks us to teach the students. Churches fall under the same laws as hospitals, so they are supposed to have signage, but when shit hits the fan, I would rather have a signed document than the argument of "he didn't have a sign."

Comment

Ain't nothing illegal till you get caught

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    No need to carry a gun to church. I walk with god and he protects his house!!
                    Sometimes He might even do so through an armed member of the congregation!!

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                      The safest method with this is to get written permission from the church. That is how the state asks us to teach the students. Churches fall under the same laws as hospitals, so they are supposed to have signage, but when shit hits the fan, I would rather have a signed document than the argument of "he didn't have a sign."
                      All they can ask you to do is leave, it's not illegal unless you refuse. Someone hit it earlier, "someone of authority" at the church has to direct it to you. That can be anything from a post in a bulletin, 30.06 sign, or n telling you in person.

None of that is legal advise though just what I learned

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        Awesome!

If you come into our church close to half the congregation is armed. Cowboy Church in Nevada, y'all come on!
                        heh, sounds like the one in Van Alstyne.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I carry regardless. It would be a shame to let some bullshit sub section be the deciding factor in unarming and facing a violent asshole.

Comment

Working...
                          X