Why not national news?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not national news?????

Two people were wounded late Sunday when gunfire erupted at a local movie theater, sending panicked moviegoers rushing to exits and ducking for cover, police and witnesses said.

A lone suspect was in custody after being wounded by an unidentified law enforcement officer, a Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokesman said.

Conditions of the two people wounded were not immediately released, nor was it disclosed where they were when they were wounded, or the type of gun that was used.

Witnesses said numerous shots were fired inside and outside the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 theater complex on Southwest Military Drive around 9:25 p.m., setting off the scramble to safety before police and EMS arrived. The complex was evacuated and sealed off for several hours.
    Related Links:

Commentary: Twisting facts cheapens debate on gun violence
    Breakup sparked theater shootout

Detective Louis Antu, spokesman for the Bexar County Sherriff's Office, said the shooting began at a nearby China Garden and “carried on into the theater.”

At one point, the suspect fired at a San Antonio Police Department patrol car, Antu said.

“He was shooting at a marked unit,” Antu said. “He knows he was shooting at an officer so that's (an) automatic (charge of) attempted capital murder.”

After the suspect reached the theater, an off duty Bexar County Sheriff officer who was working at the theater shot at him and possibly struck him, Antu said.

“She took all appropriate action to keep everyone safe in the movie theater,” Antu said.

Tara Grace, who was getting a drink from the concession stand when the shooting began, ran into the bathroom and locked herself in a stall with five other patrons to avoid the mayhem.

“We thought we were going to die,” she said.

A person at the scene, an employee from a different location of the restaurant, said the gunman initially may have targeted a coworker before making his way to the theater, though Antu could not confirm a motive immediately.

The shooting immediately sparked fears of a mass slaying like the one in July that killed 12 people and injured 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.

Cassandra Castillo, waited anxiously outside the theater for her son, a projectionist at the theater.

“It brings back memories of the other theater shooting, and the elementary school shooting,” she said. “You only think the worst.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#ixzz2GvlLmdQg

Guns do not do good, they only do evil, this does not fit the criteria for news.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Well in this story, it was an off duty officer. The liberals don't seem to have a problem with the highly trained police having them.

I thought there were other versions floating that said it was CHL holder. Wonder which are true.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

There is always sheriff outside that theater and it was a sheriff and a off duty school cop sheriff shot him and off duty school cop held him down. Guys chick was cheating on him

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Well in this story, it was an off duty officer. The liberals don't seem to have a problem with the highly trained police having them.

I thought there were other versions floating that said it was CHL holder. Wonder which are true.
          I wish that all police were highly trained. Out of the hundreds I know, most of them only shoot twice a year. Once to qualify, and once to practice before qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
            I wish that all police were highly trained. Out of the hundreds I know, most of them only shoot twice a year. Once to qualify, and once to practice before qualifying.
            Sadly to say I can also verify this. A few weeks ago I was at the range. A guy sat down next to me, saying he was a police officer for a local department. I was shooting a 10" ringer at 200 yards with my A1, usually you can ring it about 16/20 times if you're shooting casually. He pulls out this ridiculously tacticooled AR15, FDE, has an eotech WITH magnifier, I think I saw an IR illuminator on it, a bipod that pops out of the vertical grip, etc.. etc.. He signals to his son to get him a "banana clip" and proceeds to miss all 30 rounds at the ringer, in a row. So this is the guy who's going to be protecting us... that's a little concerning.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Sadly to say I can also verify this. A few weeks ago I was at the range. A guy sat down next to me, saying he was a police officer for a local department. I was shooting a 10" ringer at 200 yards with my A1, usually you can ring it about 16/20 times if you're shooting casually. He pulls out this ridiculously tacticooled AR15, FDE, has an eotech WITH magnifier, I think I saw an IR illuminator on it, a bipod that pops out of the vertical grip, etc.. etc.. He signals to his son to get him a "banana clip" and proceeds to miss all 30 rounds at the ringer, in a row. So this is the guy who's going to be protecting us... that's a little concerning.
              What are you doing with an A1?? Only police should have assault weapons. They know more than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                It's also these guys that think the average citizen shouldn't be armed...

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                  It's also these guys that think the average citizen shouldn't be armed...
                  Most police believe in the 2nd amendment..... So don't know where that comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                    Again, it's something pro-gun people generally understand (and there are exceptions to every rule/generalization) - but get the libs to get it.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I asked that same question. Guess since no one died and they couldnt blame a gun(because it stopped the situation) it wasnt important.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39901

Comment

Working...
                      X