Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I even bother trying to send in NFA forms now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David View Post
    No transfer of of NFA items within the state in which one resides doesn't require an FFL. Whether its you and someone else or you and your trust.

However, since the trust is a different entity the transfer will still require a $200 check and everything else that goes paperwork wise.

In the end its all fucking retarded.
    UU TEE FFF?

I have to pay $200 per item to transfer it to myself (ok, technically it's not "me")? What about a Form 5 (tax exempt)?

If so, eff that...I'll just get printed each time.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
      UU TEE FFF?

I have to pay $200 per item to transfer it to myself (ok, technically it's not "me")? What about a Form 5 (tax exempt)?

If so, eff that...I'll just get printed each time.
      Since its going to a new owner it requires a new tax and paperwork. You can't form 5 anything unless it's a registered dewat, dead, or govt agency.

Comment

The trust just makes future Forms easier. For all intent and purposes you could have a different trust (Name) for each device as long as you are listed as a Trustee and/or Settlor.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Damn it. That moment you start to fill out three Form 1's and you go for your checks to write them out; only to find you have TWO checks with you and not three or more. Fuck. Looks like I am sending two SBRs for now.

I may get the wife to toss a check book into the mail to me though.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Damn it. That moment you start to fill out three Form 1's and you go for your checks to write them out; only to find you have TWO checks with you and not three or more. Fuck. Looks like I am sending two SBRs for now.

I may get the wife to toss a check book into the mail to me though.
            My SBR paperwork is scheduled to be arriving today in WV. I'm about to make a thread for tracking the approval process.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Does the trust have to be signed by ALL the trustees when it is created?

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                Does the trust have to be signed by ALL the trustees when it is created?
                Yes, and in person with a notary. Only beneficiaries need not sign.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Can beneficiaries use the guns? Im adding extra family members and friends to my trust. Do they need to sign as well or just the main trustees?

Comment

Can beneficiaries use the guns? Im adding extra family members and friends to my trust. Do they need to sign as well or just the main trustees?
                    Only trustees have access, beneficiaries receive the inventory of the schedule A at the time all of the trustees are deceased or incapacitated. That depends on how your trust is structured of course.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Only trustees have access, beneficiaries receive the inventory of the schedule A at the time all of the trustees are deceased or incapacitated or depending on how your trust is structured.
                      Thanks CJ. I will get everyone to sign it. My fiance's coworker is going to notarize it

Comment

Thanks CJ. I will get everyone to sign it. My fiance's coworker is going to notarize it
                        I'm a notary as well if you need anything as backup.

Comment

One more question... as you add stuff to the trust, do you just reprint schedule A and have everyone sign again? I put my 4 ar's under the trust as a start, if I want to add a new suppressor, what do I do for the trust paperwork?

Comment

One more question... as you add stuff to the trust, do you just reprint schedule A and have everyone sign again? I put my 4 ar's under the trust as a start, if I want to add a new suppressor, what do I do for the trust paperwork?
                            The Trustees and Settlor will need to sign the Schedule A, but it does not need to be notarized. You can add to it as you need as it is separate from your Trust. The Trust references the Schedule A but never in any specificity so it can be updated. Just make sure you send in your updated Schedule A with each transfer. And as always consult with your attorney so I don't get sued.

Comment

Thanks for the info cj. I finally got it done and it will be notified in the am. Going to silenced america on my last day off. Osprey here I come. Then I need a threaded barrel for th xd

Comment

Thanks for the info cj. I finally got it done and it will be notified in the am. Going to silenced america on my last day off. Osprey here I come. Then I need a threaded barrel for th xd
                                I bought my barrels from Storm Lake. Super nice and great customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X