No announcement yet.

Sub $300 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I you are looking for BRAND NEW...$300 is probably the lowest price you're gonna find anything worth owning. I decided to do my own research and FF'd quite a few small 9's and .380's rather than letting someone else tell me what kind of gun I wanted. I picked the little KelTec PF9 although I thought about getting the double stack slightly older P11. I paid $220 for mine with 1 mag and a pinky extension (used but in new cond). Picked up a +1 mag extension, and a Hogue grip for $20 bucks...I have no complaints and it shoots great.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      I you are looking for BRAND NEW...$300 is probably the lowest price you're gonna find anything worth owning. I decided to do my own research and FF'd quite a few small 9's and .380's rather than letting someone else tell me what kind of gun I wanted. I picked the little KelTec PF9 although I thought about getting the double stack slightly older P11. I paid $220 for mine with 1 mag and a pinky extension (used but in new cond). Picked up a +1 mag extension, and a Hogue grip for $20 bucks...I have no complaints and it shoots great.
      I'm looking for preowned

Comment

You could do a cheap glock. or a new keltec pf9

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
          You could do a cheap glock. or a new keltec pf9
          do glocks get that cheap?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I paid $50 for a ar-15 lower receiver a year ago. It's all relative. If you say you want a 9mm for less than $300, my answer is you don't have enough money. Now, you can buy a piece of shit highpoint or something, but I personally can't think of any guns in that price range that are not pieces of crap. The Caracal is probably a pretty good suggestion, how did yours shoot Adolfo?
            Mine had the sights off, but with a few adjustments she is dead on now. The caracal also cycles anything you put on it. Steel, aluminum, brass. Cycles and feeds hydrashocks reliably along with hollow points.

Shoots bad ass, but my manly USP needs to be shot more. Ill be open carrying in Oregon with my USP
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Taurus PT111 at academy are $299. The one is Burleson at them at $279 last week.

Comment

Im old and probably drink too much but nothing with Taurus stamped in it is worth my life.

Comment

I have a Taurus pt640, with about 300 rounds through it and no issues. I completely disassemble it after each outing and clean/oil it. Paid $269 at academy last Dec for it. Seems to be very consistant and accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      I have a Taurus pt640, with about 300 rounds through it... I completely disassemble it after each outing and clean/oil it...
                      Damn, high endurance testing!
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I have a few thousand on my pt145...no jams. Several hundred on my 709 with 2 FTEs...both during break in with a box of really screwed up WWBs. I've had several more jams through my pops kimber RCP than any other Taurus, S&W, glock, or Barretta I've fired.

Comment

My first hand experience comes from three different events. One was a taurus millennium pro .45 which would fire most rounds on the 3rd or 4th trigger pull, and jammed constantly. Another was a .357 revolver which blew the barrel off and went into the target, and the third was one which fired with a misaligned cylinder, bent the frame all to hell.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I bought a pt145 used and have ran 600 rds with only 1 jam.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              My first hand experience comes from three different events. One was a taurus millennium pro .45 which would fire most rounds on the 3rd or 4th trigger pull, and jammed constantly. Another was a .357 revolver which blew the barrel off and went into the target, and the third was one which fired with a misaligned cylinder, bent the frame all to hell.
                              Damn that could have been bad! Maybe I'm just lucky, thus far I've had zero jambs, zero issues. I have only been shooting winchester fmj bullets, was recommended by the guy who sold me the gun, to "break the barrel in" if there is such a thing. I was fine as those were a reasonable price for ammo. Think it was $32 for a box of 100 rounds. I'm working on my 4th box now. Thus far just been target shooting trying to get a feel for the gun, I am a gun noob entirely but I've had a blast so far. Went out with bmcsean while back and broke out my dads old .22 had a good time!

Comment

I forgot about PF-9's. They were $259.99 on Bud's not too long ago.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X