Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    Absurd.
    He also went into many other reasons such as the media glorifying it. I still see the broad point of the speech as giving other reasons for the violence, and pointing out the fact that the media is intentionally targeting guns and absolving all other factors. I don't see where he is stating this is the cause of it. The NRA is offering up other contributing factors. Do violent video games influence people who are mentally ill? Yes, I think it probably does, but the fact is no one really knows. But what we do know is guns do not cause these problems, many factors do.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So much for freedom when children have to be locked up under armed guards at school (like at prison).

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
        So much for freedom when children have to be locked up under armed guards at school (like at prison).
        Says the guy who advocates for taking away freedoms.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Where does it stop?

Armed guards at courts.
          Armed guards at airports.
          Armed guards at sporting events.
          Armed guards at schools.
          Armed guards at hospitals.

Do we put armed guards at private run day cares? Who pays for this and where does it stop?

When I was growing up in the 70's there were no guards at these places and we were just fine. We have drugged our kids, exposed our people to media violence, regulated religion, eliminated personal responsibility and call it progress?

WTF?

I know gun control is not the answer.

Think of this. How many mass shootings were there in the 1800's when everyone was armed?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Where does it stop?

Armed guards at courts.
            Armed guards at schools.

Do we put armed guards at private run day cares? Who pays for this and where does it stop?

When I was growing up in the 70's there were no guards at these places and we were just fine. We have drugged our kids, exposed our people to media violence, regulated religion, eliminated personal responsibility and call it progress?

WTF?

Think of this. How many mass shootings were there in the 1800's when everyone was armed?
            You missed it, read it as if he meant that everyone should have a gun everywhere, and not as someone who does it for a living.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              You missed it, read it as if he meant that everyone should have a gun everywhere, and not as someone who does it for a living.
              I didn't necessarily miss it, I was rather thinking out loud.

Comment

It's all the parenting, the loss of values.
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Guns facing out, not in.. retard.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Where does it stop?

Armed guards at courts.
                    Armed guards at schools.

WTF?

Matt I would say it stops or at least gets better when gun violence and other gun crimes are prosecuted and when our justice system stops being a joke. Commit a crime, proven guilty, do commensurate time. Stop locking up the weed user and start putting the dealers to death. Prison population would decrease and people would start to act right. Do away with "gun free zones" besides gov buildings. Stop making the gun out to be the problem but the actual violent offender instead.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                      It's all the parenting, the loss of values.
                      When the ghettos breed kids for the welfare check parenting values are non exisent. When parents aren't allowed to discipline their kids for fear of the Man coming in and taking them away, parenting values are lost. When parents are not even allowed to send what they want to school for their OWN childs lunch, parenting is diferred to the Man instead.

Get the government out of my house, pockets, vehicle, and my kids lunch box.

Comment

@NRANews: LIVE: “We care about our money, so we protect our banks with guards ... yet when it comes to the our children we leave them defenseless."
                        IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Says the guy who advocates for taking away freedoms.
                          I would say locking your children up behind bars everywhere is more about taking away freedom. You're teaching a future generation to live in cages (both mental and physical), and in fear/paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                            Guns facing out, not in.. retard.
                            Some of those facing out will also face in (let's see locked in a cage with someone who's turned on you). More is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
                              @NRANews: LIVE: “We care about our money, so we protect our banks with guards ... yet when it comes to the our children we leave them defenseless."
                              The average child isn't worth much money, unfortunately.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Some of those facing out will also face in (let's see locked in a cage with someone who's turned on you). More is not the answer.
                                Yes or no; would you support more gun control laws?

Comment

Working...
                                X