AR lowers for dirt cheap... if you have a mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR lowers for dirt cheap... if you have a mill

With all the crazy talk on bans and lowers selling out faster than ever, Thought I'd share this: you can make your own. Granted, you'll need access to a mill and need to be somewhat competent, but if you feel like spending the time, you can have a lower for dirt cheap. I have plenty of machinery in my shop, unfortunately a mill is one of the few things I don't own

This guy did a decent write up with pics:
    Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

I'm most impressed with his way of electrical etching, never knew you could do that.

Here's some for sale, these require more maching than in the arfcommers post though.

Once again, most people need to be competent in machining and have access to a mill, which I'm sure a lot of people here don't. But this is another alternative to spending $120+ on a lower, and, you can say you truly built it!

You will either have to have a Class 2 license or pay $200 tax stamp per lower. Still cheaper to buy one from dealer....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      You will either have to have a Class 2 license or pay $200 tax stamp per lower. Still cheaper to buy one from dealer....
      Wrong, you're allowed to machine your own lowers all day long, just can't make them with the intent to sell.

Here's another good write up:

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
        Wrong, you're allowed to machine your own lowers all day long, just can't make them with the intent to sell.

Here's another good write up:
        http://www.shell-central.com/AR_Lower1.html
        Thanks for correcting me, and the link, I had no idea.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
          Thanks for correcting me, and the link, I had no idea.....
          Ya, you would think that if you have to pay $200 stamp for an sbr for 'manufacturing' you would have to do the same for machining a lower, but for some reason you don't. I don't get it.

Comment

Prototype lower I made a few years back
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355924239.441044.jpg
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355924254.917430.jpg
            IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
            X