Effects of an AWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of an AWB

For those of us that were not around or old enough to comprehend the last one I am curious about a few things:

1. What would be the effect, if any, on ammo production/price for newer calibers like .300 blackout? Would it be reasonable to expect it to lose steam and possibly die out since people would not be able to adopt it?

2. What, if any, effect would this have on pricing and availability for non-banned guns and ammo? Would people end up purchasing more bolt actions and revolvers, making those items harder to get a hold of, or maybe after a time cheaper because they are hitting higher volume?

I have resigned myself to the ban, now I am thinking about what will be available and pricing afterwards.

For some reason the first thought that popped into my head was to wonder if we were going to start seeing bolt guns with quad-rails, bayonets, lasers, and red-dots. I doubt it, but what do we have to look forward to, moving past AR's?

Curious to hear from those who have been through this before.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Just go get an FS2000. If the ban is similar to 1994, its still legal

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      Just go get an FS2000. If the ban is similar to 1994, its still legal
      Word....WORD is that they used the 94' ban but refined some areas that critics thought were lacking; it will not be identical if one is passed.

Just my .01 though
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        Word....WORD is that they used the 94' ban but refined some areas that critics thought were lacking; it will not be identical if one is passed.

Just my .01 though
        I heard they "perfected" it... which makes me shudder a bit.

Bottlerocket that is interesting. I'm not looking to get anything in particular. I'm just curious what the gun world will be like after.

I have been wanting an STI Trojan and a Ruger GP100, neither of which I expect to be effected so I have moved on to thinking about those. If I ever don't have a gun to buy there is always a table saw or a router or something.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Neither of those should be effected except for right now availability could be lacking due to all the gun buying in general that's skyrocketing as we speak.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

No kidding. I ran to base as soon as I heard since they sell PMags for ~$11 and no tax, I guess everyone else had the same idea None left when I got there

Comment

During the 94 AWB, the only limitations placed on guns were cosmetic. If you met more than any two or more of the "evil" features below on a firearm, you had an illegal weapon.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
              Pistol grip
              Bayonet mount
              Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
              Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades, though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally).

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
              Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
              Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
              Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
              A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
              Pistol grip
              Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
              Detachable magazine.
              You also had a ban on names. Such as AR15 could no longer be used. This is where you see Colt using Match Target Rifle etc on their guns. And the same on other guns.

There werent many AR manufacturers during the ban, most were those already in govt production of firearms.

Preban guns were grandfathered along with magazines. Anything afterwards had a LEO/MIL disclaimer saying sale only to them. What terminology they'd use now I have no clue. Preban guns also claimed a premium around the US as you could do as you please with them.

Under the old ban and any potential new one, you also lose your silenced pistols and semi automatic rifles, SBRs, and everything most people buy on a Form 4 or mfg on a Form 1.

Ammo was was no concern. It was actually really cheap and plentiful. Any proprietary ammo that is SBR preferred would almost see a decline in support.

Comment

A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
                Say a Glock 18...which I believe is full auto, well, wont it look just like all of the other glocks? I have never seen one but I figure they all look like 2x4's with triggers installed.

Anyways, if all other glocks (full frame) appear the same, would this "clause" have caused a ban on them (full frame) because they resemble the 18?
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  During the 94 AWB, the only limitations placed on guns were cosmetic. If you met more than any two or more of the "evil" features below on a firearm, you had an illegal weapon.

You also had a ban on names. Such as AR15 could no longer be used. This is where you see Colt using Match Target Rifle etc on their guns. And the same on other guns.

There werent many AR manufacturers during the ban, most were those already in govt production of firearms.

Preban guns were grandfathered along with magazines. Anything afterwards had a LEO/MIL disclaimer saying sale only to them. What terminology they'd use now I have no clue. Preban guns also claimed a premium around the US as you could do as you please with them.

Under the old ban and any potential new one, you also lose your silenced pistols and semi automatic rifles, SBRs, and everything most people buy on a Form 4 or mfg on a Form 1.

Ammo was was no concern. It was actually really cheap and plentiful. Any proprietary ammo that is SBR preferred would almost see a decline in support.
                  What was the method of "losing" the silenced weapons? Did they collect them or require the newly-illegal items to be turned in?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    What was the method of "losing" the silenced weapons? Did they collect them or require the newly-illegal items to be turned in?
                    Or maybe just stop selling and manufacturing them? Curious as well

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      They were grandfathered, you just didnt get any new ones for 10 years. When I meant losing them I mean under the previos ban and assumed new one, you cant buy or make anymore.
                      Last edited by David; 12-19-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Gotcha, just wanted to clarify.

Comment

whats been said those is theyve modified and perfected the new bill. Sounds like they're closing loopholes?

Comment

Guess its time to get those supressors I've been holding off on buying

Comment

The ABSOLUTE worst part about a new AWB is it will do nothing to prevent further crimes like these. Banning pistol grips, flash hiders or collapsible stocks will not fix shit. So what then? What happens when BHOs new rules don't solve the "problem"? More legislation? More bans until the problem goes away? Which it obviously won't. Its a slippery slope, and giving that first inch will only empower them to steal more

Comment

Working...
                              X