Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR 15 - Adjustable gas block, yea or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR 15 - Adjustable gas block, yea or nay?

Collecting parts to assemble my first upper. I am going to use a 18 in SPR Ranier barrel with a rifle gas system. One of the bits left to buy is the gas block. I do not know if it will ever be suppressed. Worth it to put the adjustable block on there or should I just go with the spikes micro since I can get that locally?
    Jon

Doesnt hurt to have it right...just in case
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

You don't have to reduce gas even with a suppressor, its more of a comfort thing.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        You don't have to reduce gas even with a suppressor, its more of a comfort thing.
        This. We used an adjustable gas block on ThreeFingerPetes build and combined with his muzzle break it is a dream to shoot. Turn the gas to just enough to cycle the bolt. But completely not needed for a range or truck gun plinker.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
        X