ar15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ar15

headed to a gunshow tommorow. i dont follow the armory much so im sure its here but dont have time to search a 1000 threads.

looking for an ar15 and curious what the best brand is, or what brands to stay away from? im assuming colt, bushmaster, or S&W are probably some of the better ones? i dont know anything about dpms or olympic arms. any tips will be appreciated?

also, what is a good price for mapgpul pmags? i found some for 12.50 in stock near my house?

What are you looking to spend?
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Stay away from Bushmaster, Remington....

S&W & Rock River are 2 of the better ones for a decent price. I prefer the Rock River over the S & W though.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Man I am not even sure if there is such a thing as a "crappy" ar15 these days. Sure there are your top of the line manufacturers but for the most part I think is comes down to accessories that determines the price. I am talking about what butt stocks, hand guards, sights, trigger, grip, and things like that come on the rifle. No ar15 is the complete package right out of the box to me. Most of my rifles are a complete hodgepodge of parts from all sorts of places.

Comment

Bang for the buck, the S & W M&P15 Sport is a good gun for the money. Haven't looked at them in a while, but I believe last year Academy was selling them for $650-$700.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            Man I am not even sure if there is such a thing as a "crappy" ar15 these days.
            LOL!

But seriously, here:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Oh Shit!!!

It's the infamous chart that nobody except competition shooters and those that want to abuse the shit out of their guns should even look at to determine what brand of AR to buy...

Comment

half of that shit you don't even need since these are semi-auto guns.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

LOL at the bottom listing "street" value, makes it sound like a drug bust or somthing..
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

At first glance I thought you made that spreadsheet, I was about to say you have WAY too much time on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      half of that shit you don't even need since these are semi-auto guns.
                      but what if....

Just playing but honestly, after reading the BCG thread it got me to thinking about how I would build one from scratch.

I came to the conclusion that for long range I would want a Noveski 18.5'' SPR as I could not find anything in 5.56 from Pac-Nor. Maybe a Mega side charging upper...just not sure what stock setup I would like to run or lower...or rail.
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                        but what if....

Just playing but honestly, after reading the BCG thread it got me to thinking about how I would build one from scratch.

I came to the conclusion that for long range I would want a Noveski 18.5'' SPR as I could not find anything in 5.56 from Pac-Nor. Maybe a Mega side charging upper...just not sure what stock setup I would like to run or lower...or rail.
                        For some guys they want a really nice AR15, which I can understand. But for me, the way I see it, I would rather spend as little money as possible on the parts which don't have much affect on the performance, and spend the money where it does. Instead of spending $1,500 on the rifle, and $500 on the optics, I'd rather spent $500 on the rifle, $500 on the optics and then build a second gun as well.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

some good info. i am looking at spending less than $800 or so, as im going to pick up a couple pistols, and maybe an ak47 also if i can find a decent price on one. i know i want a flat top so i can mount a scope on it. this will mainly be used for plinking, hog hunting, and just to have another one incase the govt decided to try and put a ban on them again.

Comment

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                            some good info. i am looking at spending less than $800 or so, as im going to pick up a couple pistols, and maybe an ak47 also if i can find a decent price on one. i know i want a flat top so i can mount a scope on it. this will mainly be used for plinking, hog hunting, and just to have another one incase the govt decided to try and put a ban on them again.
                            If I were you, I would buy yourself a blem palmetto state armory lower (they are fantastic castings) and then put a DSArms.com ZM4, or redxarms.com upper on it. Should be able to get a flat top gun completed for somewhere around $700. I have Colt AR-15's, M16's, match AR's, etc. and the truth is they all shoot the same. If we were building full auto combat grade ar15's then comparing MPI tested BCG's and other things would be more relevant. Guns are a lot like cars, you can spend all sorts of money on dumb shit you don't really need. I built 16" ZM4 guns from DSA for around $700 and they shoot 3" groups at 200 yards with iron sights, just the same as every other AR15 I own, regardless of quality. And I've had more issues out of my colts in comparison.

Comment

I keep seeing smoking deals on PSAs lower build kits as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X