Binoculars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binoculars?

Looking to purchase a decent set of binoculars in the $300 range. The Leupold Mohave 10x50 have caught my eye. I can pick them up for a little over $300. Is there anything else in this range I should be looking at?

Shop Leupold BX-3 Water Proof Mojave 10x50 Roof Prism Binoculars | 4.8 Star Rating on 4 Reviews for Leupold BX-3 Water Proof Mojave 10x50 Roof Prism Binoculars + Free Shipping over...

look at nikon, and vortex.

The best thing you can do is goto the store. take them outside with a sales rep and look through them.

Comment

I have some Minox that I got from cameraland that are really nice and in your price range.

Here are the ones I have, if you watch their sight they have some good open box sales.

Last edited by dee; 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I like Nikon in that price range.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thanks guys. Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look through some of these $3k+ binoculars in real world conditions and can you REALLY tell a difference between them and something like what I looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            Thanks guys. Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to look through some of these $3k+ binoculars in real world conditions and can you REALLY tell a difference between them and something like what I looking at?
            Yes, you certainly can. Especially in low light conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
              This.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I agree I've looked through Swarovski and Docter binos and both were very nice, can't say I would rate them hugely over some of the 300-800 but there is some difference. I've been wanting to look through some Lieca binos after using there rangefinder and being very impressed.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I've been eyeing binoculars as well and I'm a Nikon fan overall. However, dollar for dollar the Leupolds are noticeably better than the Nikons in the 100-300 range that I've tested.

All I do is pic a point as far away with letters that I can't see with my eyes and use each set. Just seems easy mode with the Leupolds, with the Nikons...it's hazy/difficult to adjust. At least to me.

Now, don't get all crazy asking me what models and such. All I'm doing is looking at price and main brand, testing, making mental notes and leaving. It's bad enough that a month or so ago SWFA had some Nikons CHEAP on samplelist and I did not buy them due to my experience so far.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Take a look at the Leupold Yosemite Bino's. Academy usually has them on sale for Black Friday and through the weekend. Can be had for less than $100... They are as good if not better than some others costing 2-3x as much.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Optic 1050 baby!!
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm picking up a pair of these from Dicks for $99 on Black Friday.
                        This website is for sale! nikonhunting.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nikonhunting.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                          yeppers
                          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

One last question, in the same binos they offer a 10x50 and a 12x50. I was talking to my brother in law who is a camera nut. I figured he could give me some more advise as well. He said for general observation a 10 power is the highest he would go. Do any of you guys ever used a pair of 12x binos and was it any harder to obtain target acquisition with them over a 10x set?

Comment

Don't know anything about these, but this seems like a decent deal, expires tomorrow

$99.99 for the Vortex Crossfire 10x42 binoculars (44% off MSRP)

http://www.gearhog.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X