Lets talk fixed blade knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk fixed blade knives

I am in the market for a small fixed blade knife to carry every day. I don't want a serrated edge, and I would like to be able to carry it on my belt horizontally. As for size, small enough it won't really get in the way during normal activities, which is also why I would like to carry it horizontally.

I do not really have a preference of traditional over "tactical" kydex stuff, but would prefer to keep it under $100. Any suggestions? Anyone here carry a knife similar to what I describe, or do most of you just use folders? I carry a small folder in my pocket but I like to keep from putting a bunch of stuff in my pockets.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Why fixed over a folder? i dont see many places where id use a fixed over a folder.

Comment

I always liked that Cold Steel bird & trout knife, and their Finn bear knife. Check 'em out.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        Why fixed over a folder? i dont see many places where id use a fixed over a folder.
        carried moreso as a weapon than a tool?

I've been looking at ESEE stuff lately

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          I usually use it a lot during work and with my folder and I am constantly digging in my pocket, unfolding and then folding the knife, and the putting it back in my pocket. A small fixed blade on my belt would let me just reach down, pull it out to use it, and put it back.

Comment

Too much watching Sons of Anarchy, and wants to look Jax cool?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              Never seen the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

I was thinking more Turtle man :yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeeeee liiive action.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  I usually use it a lot during work and with my folder and I am constantly digging in my pocket, unfolding and then folding the knife, and the putting it back in my pocket. A small fixed blade on my belt would let me just reach down, pull it out to use it, and put it back.
                  I have an Emerson Mini CQC-7 tanto. I absolutely love it. It's a folder, but it clips to your pocket butt-end up, and have their "wave feature" that lets it open just by removing it from the pocket. Very fast, very practical.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I like fixed blade knives for when I'm doing some high strength cutting or cleaning. I broke a folding knife one time and cut the shit out of myself and now I have this fear of really bearing down on them.

For cleaning I have a box full of turn of the century meat cleavers and knives that I love. All forged.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

what about a swing blade?

Comment

mora knives

Comment

Hand made, American, durable, very effective and practical.

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            I like fixed blade knives for when I'm doing some high strength cutting or cleaning. I broke a folding knife one time and cut the shit out of myself and now I have this fear of really bearing down on them.

For cleaning I have a box full of turn of the century meat cleavers and knives that I love. All forged.
                            I have also had a lock break on a folder and cut the shit out of myself.

Comment

What about the ka-bar boga?

Comment

Working...
                              X