No announcement yet.

Colt 1911A1 gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nash is correct, it is a 1991A1. Anyone know the difference?

Comment

It's just a budget 45 colt offered in 1991. It's a 1911a1 in every fashion.

Comment

Very nice!!

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

It looks just like my '43 except no crosshatch on the slide release, and no lanyard.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Damn, you pulled a winner in the "marrying into families" lotto.

Comment

alright....lets go shooting tanner....blazing 45s at the range
              Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

I'm thinking about going tomorrow or Thursday.

Comment

That is absolutely badass man!

And agreed on leaving it alone as much as possible. Congrats, hope you enjoy it for years to come...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I know that its a mixed bag in here about whether to mod or leave alone. Sorry, but I have to make it my own. Plus, I plan on using this as a duty weapon. Will only be modding the ambi safety, beavertail, sights, and MAYBE grips. So far, I did the Brownells ambi safety today. Im a stubborn SOB and chose to do it myself. I googled and researched the process and found it very easy. I also ahve some files at home to slowly file at the ambi safety (NOT THE PISTOL!). I was able to get it to mimic the standard safety I had. Was quite proud of myself. Hers a pic of her with the ambi's on it and cleaned up after my first shoot. I put 50 rounds of Federal FMJ 230grains without a single jam or stove pipe. I LOVE THIS GUN. I am driving tacks with it. Puts my Glock to shame (but dont tell them that. I love my 31 and 35...) Also, until I find a great set of grips that arent too gawdy, I had to notch the grips in order to make the right side safety not rub.

Comment

Whatever you do .. DON'T POLISH THE FEED RAMP... More people screw up Colt's by doing this than any other thing. If it feeds right, leave it alone.

Comment

It fed great. I am not touching a dang thing on the feeding. It shot without hiccup.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                          Whatever you do .. DON'T POLISH THE FEED RAMP... More people screw up Colt's by doing this than any other thing. If it feeds right, leave it alone.
                          lol, you'd really have to fuck up your polishing job to cause problems with feeding. But I would agree not to fix what isn't broken. Sometimes you'll run into GI 1911's will struggle with hollow point rounds. Most of the time they are compact models.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            lol, you'd really have to fuck up your polishing job to cause problems with feeding. But I would agree not to fix what isn't broken. Sometimes you'll run into GI 1911's will struggle with hollow point rounds. Most of the time they are compact models.
                            I agree with you CJ. You would think people would have enough sense to know when to quit. But I am constantly amazed at the number of butchered up 1911's I see. Unfortunately a lot of them were done by professional gunsmiths who really ought to know better.

Comment

Working...
                            X