.308 Ammo Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .308 Ammo Compatibility

I did a quick search and came up empty handed...

I have a Savage Model 10 chambered in .308 Win. Can I use 7.62 NATO (7.62x51) in this gun?

I have googled, but have come across a wide range of answers from "yes, since .308 Win is a higher pressure round than 7.62 NATO", to the complete opposite.

So, I defer the question to the gurus on here.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
    I did a quick search and came up empty handed...

I have a Savage Model 10 chambered in .308 Win. Can I use 7.62 NATO (7.62x51) in this gun?

I have googled, but have come across a wide range of answers from "yes, since .308 Win is a higher pressure round than 7.62 NATO", to the complete opposite.

So, I defer the question to the gurus on here.
    7.62x51 is lower pressure. It has identical external case dimensions. Internally it has less volume because the case is thicker for use in semi auto weapons. So yes, you can shoot it all day long.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes you can.

CJ beat me to it.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        7.62x51 is lower pressure. It has identical external case dimensions. Internally it has less volume because the case is thicker for use in semi auto weapons. So yes, you can shoot it all day long.
        X's 2.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Ok, that's good to know. Next question....

Is there any benefit to using 7.62x51 over .308 in a bolt gun?
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

No most is just run of the mill bulk ammo nothing precise about it.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
              Ok, that's good to know. Next question....

Is there any benefit to using 7.62x51 over .308 in a bolt gun?
              Only advantage is being able to buy in bulk and somewhat lower prices....When you can find it
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
              X