Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 S&W M&P Shield - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&W M&P Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W M&P Shield

Anybody find one of these in stock??

Finally get my CHL, do my handgun research, zone in on a popular modern gun and can't find the damn thing.

Besides the Ruger LC9 thread, are there any other recommendations like the Shield or is it just a level above the rest like most reviews seem to say?

If I have to give up on this gun...I'm looking to stick with a single stack concealable gun with caliber > .380.

Thanks.
    2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
    Anybody find one of these in stock??

Finally get my CHL, do my handgun research, zone in on a popular modern gun and can't find the damn thing.

Besides the Ruger LC9 thread, are there any other recommendations like the Shield or is it just a level above the rest like most reviews seem to say?

If I have to give up on this gun...I'm looking to stick with a single stack concealable gun with caliber > .380.

Thanks.
    Officer model citadel 1911, your welcome.

Comment

In all reality if I were you I would look towards an XDs or a glock 36. «--- likes .45
      Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

My dad has an m&p shield. I like it a lot.

Comment

I got to finger bang one at Wiley's Gun Shop in Canton and SAW Guns in Sunnyvale. I liked it a lot. I'll probably end up getting one for my wife to CC.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Jewmadbro? View Post
            Officer model citadel 1911, your welcome.
            *You're

Come talk to me when you pay for your own shit. lol
            2012 GT500

Comment

I like that little Kel-Tec PF9 (I can't emphasize this enough: Do not get the double stack version. It has a worse trigger than the first run Ruger LCP's). It's like $250 shipped from Bud's gun shop, plus the transfer fee to a local FFL. You might also check them for that M&P Shield. They were advertising it not too long ago, so they might have it in stock. S&W is one of the worst, though, about making a small initial run, and waiting for what they view as sufficient demand via back order to make more.

EDIT: Nope, Bud's is out of stock.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                *You're

Come talk to me when you pay for your own shit. lol
                Ya caught me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewmadbro? View Post
                  Ya caught me.
                  still up for meet tonight broham?

edit: saw in other thread.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

State Police up here were given all SW M&P stuff and everyone I ask loves theirs.. they came from glocks and nobody seems to want their glock back.

Comment

I was looking for one, but nobody has them and if you do find one they're marked up $100+. I ended up getting an S&W M&P compact in 9mm for a smaller carry. It's 12+1 instead of 7+1 and is only .2" wider than the Shield, though the trigger isn't quite as smooth. I took mine apart and filed a few rough edges that made the trigger feel gritty, it's much better now. It's still not as smooth as my XDm .40, but it's not bad. It's really accurate and I really couldn't be happier with it.

The M&Pc's are supposed to start getting the new trigger in the Shield, from what I've read. I haven't seen anything solid on that yet though.

If you're looking for a .45, I'd probably go with the XDs. They don't seem to be quite (though marginally) as hard to find either.
                      Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        State Police up here were given all SW M&P stuff and everyone I ask loves theirs.. they came from glocks and nobody seems to want their glock back.
                        I don't know why. I am not a glock guy, but even I like them more than the M&P.

Comment

Loved my M&P9c.

Comment

Called every shop in north Dallas and now here in Waco too -- no luck (12-15 places). Got onto 3-4 waiting lists with 10-12 people on them.

Found a small shop in Ohio with one listed on gunbroker. Called them up and they were about to list 2 more. Now just 1 more =). Should have one in my hand next week.

I did have to pay a pretty good price for it but with all the rave reviews i'll be happy if it's what I want...and if not I'll have the only shield in the state of Texas...should resale okay.

Couldn't stand the Ruger LC9 trigger, bersa feels cheap, Walthers were "okay", Sig too pricey, Kahl just "meh", none others stood out like the M&P shield.

Didn't even try to look for a .45 in a near-pocket size carry gun.
                            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                              Called every shop in north Dallas and now here in Waco too -- no luck (12-15 places). Got onto 3-4 waiting lists with 10-12 people on them.

Found a small shop in Ohio with one listed on gunbroker. Called them up and they were about to list 2 more. Now just 1 more =). Should have one in my hand next week.

I did have to pay a pretty good price for it but with all the rave reviews i'll be happy if it's what I want...and if not I'll have the only shield in the state of Texas...should resale okay.

Couldn't stand the Ruger LC9 trigger, bersa feels cheap, Walthers were "okay", Sig too pricey, Kahl just "meh", none others stood out like the M&P shield.

Didn't even try to look for a .45 in a near-pocket size carry gun.
                              Ohio? Why not just shoot out here to Stephenville? I'd almost guarantee someone here has one.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X