Thoughts on Ruger LCR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Ruger LCR?

Anyone own one? Any known problems? I'm guessing it should have typically Ruger quality (very good) but thought I'd throw the question out there anyway.

I had one and really liked it. Trigger was good, very easy to shoot. Sold to standardize on 9mm though

You can usually find them used for 325-350

Comment

Not bad. My mom has one and I have shot it quite a bit. Very light bit they do kick quite a bit since it is part polymer. No issues so far.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I have one, carry it every day, and love it. Its not great to shoot, but then again its a snub nose revolver. It goes bang every time, and doesnt weigh a ton, what more could one want?

Comment

I carry one.

Comment

Thanks guys. Anyone carry/shot the .357 Magnum version? Thinking about buying and paying a little extra for the .357 version.

I know the .38 Special kicks hard enough and the .357 Magnum version will be that much worse but is it worth it? Are there any advantages ballistics wise to warrant the .357 version?

Comment

Ballistically, the .357 blows the .38spl out of the water. If you can stand the recoil, muzzle blast and flash, I say go for the .357. You can train with .38's, and keep .357 loaded for SD...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

mine is .357. It will shoot either .357 or .38. I would recommend it.

Comment

Even in short barrels .357 does have an advantage in velocity over .38, unlike .44 spec vs. .44 mag.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I carry the .38 version and contemplated the .357. I chose to save the ounces and go with the lightest version possible since it would be used for pocket carry. With +p rounds you are all over 9mm performance which is good enough, and I will take the quicker followup shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      Ballistically, the .357 blows the .38spl out of the water. If you can stand the recoil, muzzle blast and flash, I say go for the .357. You can train with .38's, and keep .357 loaded for SD...
                      Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Even in short barrels .357 does have an advantage in velocity over .38, unlike .44 spec vs. .44 mag.
                      Thanks for the info. I think I like the idea of having the option to shoot .357's even though it would probably make me shit my pants.

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                      I carry the .38 version and contemplated the .357. I chose to save the ounces and go with the lightest version possible since it would be used for pocket carry. With +p rounds you are all over 9mm performance which is good enough, and I will take the quicker followup shots.
                      I figured the extra ounces might help a little more with the recoil when firing hot .38 loads. Gonna see what the price difference between the two are and also compare it to a small barrel SP101.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Thanks for the info. I think I like the idea of having the option to shoot .357's even though it would probably make me shit my pants.

I figured the extra ounces might help a little more with the recoil when firing hot .38 loads. Gonna see what the price difference between the two are and also compare it to a small barrel SP101.
                        I have a short barrel SP101 (that I've mentioned a million times) and even with VERY hot .357 my 50 yo mother in law shoots it fine.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                          With +p rounds you are all over 9mm performance.
                          No.

Comment

I have the LCR .357 and it's not that much more than +p 38's. Now I'm not going to put more than 10 to 15 rounds at a time at the range, but I do like having the option of shooting 38's. Love the trigger and weight on the LCR's.
                            sigpic
                            COBRA WANTS YOU!

Comment

"unlike .44 spec vs. .44 mag."
                              I understand the .38 vs .357. Can you expand a bit on the .44 special vs mag?

Thx,

R

Comment

Working...
                              X