went shooting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went shooting today

made a trip to oklahoma to visit family and took my dads old .22 and my .40 cal taurus pistol i bought earlier this year. havent been out shooting in over 6 months but was very happy with the results!

first the .22 shots, these were from about 150 ish yards. Seems the scope is just a little high, but not bad for a cheap ass walmart scope. Approximately a 5-6 inch spread.

Next, the .40 cal, this is only my 3rd time shooting a semi auto pistol. getting much better with control and accuracy. all shots were at 15 yards out. The 5 in the center were about a 2-3 second pause between shots, the 5 lower were a 5 shot blast. I continued to get lower with each shot, tells me what I need to work on. roughly a 12 inch spread

still need a lot of work but pretty happy with the results.

I think you probably need to work on your distance estimation.

Comment

why do you say that?

Comment

150yds is a tall order for a .22. When I go out I sight in at 100-150ft.

Comment

ill get my brother to measure it off for me. Hince me saying ish

Comment

As long as you had fun who cares, unless there is a trophy. Then we need a dr. Pepper can for reference.

Comment

haha well the .22 shots were about the size of my hand. .40 not so much... still need lots of practice, but yeah had lots of fun.. and damn .40 bullets are expensive...

Comment

You shot that group with a .22 pistol at 150yards?
                -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
                -1993 Cobra- 700rw
                -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
                -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
                -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  150yds is a tall order for a .22. When I go out I sight in at 100-150ft.
                  What? Are you sure. I can cut a quarter size whole with a .22 lr all day at 100yards. Unless ur thinking he's shooting a handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                    What? Are you sure. I can cut a quarter size whole with a .22 lr all day at 100yards. Unless ur thinking he's shooting a handgun.

Comment

I'll have to see what kind of groups I get at 100 yards, but last time I was home my brother was making consistent head shots at 230 yards (used with Leica 1600) with my .22lr upper. Target (second pic) was at the big berm in the background. I want to try some different ammo and see how well it groups. I'd be willing to say it is around 1 MOA at 100.

[img][/img]

Comment

I'm not going to say I'm consistent, but we do hit clays somewhat consistently at 100 yards. I have the M&P15-22, my buddy has a 10/22, both with the hated Sweet 22. Hardest part is remembering where we put the clay, as they are really small at ~100 yards. Also they don't usually break either - so you're not sure if you hit them until you go check them and see a few holes in them (unless you hit the edge).

150 yards though, with normal priced optics..etc..etc. on a breezy day would be a lot harder.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

150 yards is one and a half football fields

and at 150 yards you would have 8 to 12 inches of drop with a .22

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
                            You shot that group with a .22 pistol at 150yards?
                            Oh hell no. Was a Remington speedmaster 552.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              Oh hell no. Was a Remington speedmaster 552.
                              I believe you shot it at 50 yards, maximum, and I'm being generous.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X