Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do people actually enjoy shooting glocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do people actually enjoy shooting glocks?

I was thinking of all of the glock fanboys, I think they are great guns, I own a G27, but I fucking hate shooting it, the ergonomics are shit, the trigger is shit (3.5 trig on mine), it just sucks. Have you glock guys actually shot anything else? My fav gun to shoot is my 92FS, 1911 is a close second.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

hahaha, no I hate the shit out of my 17. I really find it uncomfortable to shoot. It's the most uncomfortable gun I've ever fired with the exception of a .50 desert eagle. If you toss a Ghost trigger in there it it should smooth it out a whole lot.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      hahaha, no I hate the shit out of my 17. I really find it uncomfortable to shoot. It's the most uncomfortable gun I've ever fired with the exception of a .50 desert eagle. If you toss a Ghost trigger in there it it should smooth it out a whole lot.
      The G17 make a great door stop, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        The G17 make a great door stop, doesn't it?
        It does, but now that I have wood floors it isn't as good as it use to be. I have to pull the door UP slightly and then kick the glock under it then it stays in place.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It does, but now that I have wood floors it isn't as good as it use to be. I have to pull the door UP slightly and then kick the glock under it then it stays in place.
          Good thing it's plastic, flexible and doesn't harm the wood floor, glock designed them to be dual purpose
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Good thing it's plastic, flexible and doesn't harm the wood floor, glock designed them to be dual purpose
            Excellence in door immobilization.

Comment

Ive never understood the love for them. Ive only shot a couple, but I didnt like either.

But I didnt like XD's either, so what do I know?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

They are cheap and very dependable. They are also uncomfortable, ugly, and don't really do anything exceptional. I am also the designated glock hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  Ive never understood the love for them. Ive only shot a couple, but I didnt like either.

But I didnt like XD's either, so what do I know?
                  Makes sense to me since the XD's are the same formula as glock

Comment

The new slim XD offer something useful for once, I've been interested in them. When it comes to polymer carry guns around $400, the most impressive best handling/shooting gun I've found is the Witness. I can't talk enough good things about those pistols. I've never met anyone who didn't like them.

Comment

The new slim XD offer something useful for once, I've been interested in them. When it comes to polymer carry guns around $400, the most impressive best handling/shooting gun I've found is the Witness. I can't talk enough good things about those pistols. I've never met anyone who didn't like them.
                      Hey, I just met you,
                      And this is crazy,
                      I hate the Witness,
                      now begin the hazing...

Seriously though, I think the witness is ok. I'm far from a Glock fanboy, but all the ones I've had have been comfortable to shoot. They fit my hand well, and point naturally for me. I always install Ghost trigger connectors in them and seem to be more accurate with them than 1911's, XD's, Sigs, etc...
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

CJ's witness surprised the hell out of me the first time I shot it.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I don't think I've ever felt shooting a Glock as pleasurable especially when compared to shooting any of my 1911's, especially a Glock 27 (which I had one for over 10 years up until recently). It's a reliable, light weight tool and it serves it's purpose very well right out of the box. It's not a thing of beauty either but I would stake my life on one over any of my 1911's (which are more enjoyable to shoot).

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            Hey, I just met you,
                            And this is crazy,
                            I hate the Witness,
                            now begin the hazing...

Seriously though, I think the witness is ok. I'm far from a Glock fanboy, but all the ones I've had have been comfortable to shoot. They fit my hand well, and point naturally for me. I always install Ghost trigger connectors in them and seem to be more accurate with them than 1911's, XD's, Sigs, etc...
                            Glocks do shoot decent. My experience with them is get the job done. They are not incredibly accurate - even when you throw a ton of money at them. My buddy has a nice custom Glock 20 with a KKM 7" barrel, custom frame, lightened trigger, springs, etc. etc. and that damn gun wouldn't shoot for shit. I couldn't get a tighter than a 3" group at 15 feet. My Glock 17 will shoot about a 2" group at 15 feet. Like I said they are very dependable and reliable but Glocks don't really do anything exceptional. From my experience a factory witness will out shoot a factory glock out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              CJ's witness surprised the hell out of me the first time I shot it.
                              Did you get that poked in the anus feeling too?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X