Want to build AR, checklist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to build AR, checklist?

I am wanting to build an AR but I have never done it before. I am wondering if there is some kind of checklist or something I can print out so I can piece together what I need and make sure not to leave anything out. Thanks
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

How extensive are you wanting to go? It can be as simple as buying a complete lower and a complete upper and you're done. Or you can buy a stripped lower, lower parts kit, bolt carrier group, complete upper (minus the bcg) and call it done. Do you want to buy every individual part?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

For a budget rifle you aren't trying to piecemeal together

1. Stripped lower receiver
      2. Rifle Kit (from Del-Ton) or Complete Kit (from Model 1 Sales)
      These kits provide everything you need minus the stripped lower receiver. The upper half is already assembled, you would only have to build out the lower (again, parts included in kits listed above).

Edit: List/picture of lower parts and instructions here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226...ructions_.html
      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Whatever would be the most cost effective I guess. That seems like the best idea Slow06 I'll start looking into that.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
          Whatever would be the most cost effective I guess. That seems like the best idea Slow06 I'll start looking into that.
          You can add DSArms to that list as well. I've got a DSArms upper and a lower from a previous group buy if you want to shoot it.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            You can add DSArms to that list as well. I've got a DSArms upper and a lower from a previous group buy if you want to shoot it.
            I appreciate the offer but never having shot one, I'm not sure if I would know if it was quality or not, LOL. I was thinking about a spikes lower I have heard good things about them.

Comment

I appreciate the offer but never having shot one, I'm not sure if I would know if it was quality or not, LOL. I was thinking about a spikes lower I have heard good things about them.
              Spikes is a great company, I've got a couple of there lowers sitting in the box they were shipped in, just waiting to be put together. You said you've never shot one, I'm offering mine for you to shoot, not to see if it's quality or not, but to get out and shoot one, LOL. I'm sure mine feels slightly different compared to say a Colt, but I built mine on a budget and built it for a great price.

Comment

When talking lowers a handful of companies that manufacture most of the lowers you will see. As far as I know they are all about as reliable as the next unless you start talking billet or polymer lowers.

Spikes are fine from what I have heard as well, and they happen to be what I used for my two builds, never had any issues with them.

More info on lowers that you really need at this point:
                Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Also Aim Surplus often has inexpensive lowers, they usually have Spikes but they are out of stock right now:
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Spikes is a great company, I've got a couple of there lowers sitting in the box they were shipped in, just waiting to be put together. You said you've never shot one, I'm offering mine for you to shoot, not to see if it's quality or not, but to get out and shoot one, LOL. I'm sure mine feels slightly different compared to say a Colt, but I built mine on a budget and built it for a great price.
                  Well I might take you up on that then, I think you live close to me so maybe we could get together sometime and shoot a few rounds.

Comment

I have a Colt AR15 you can shoot to compare.

Comment

Jesus christ. Do a search.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Jesus christ. Do a search.
                        I like to get input from you guys, I trust the opinions of most of the people on here and I can't search most sites at work. Don't have a hissy dude.

Comment

I like to get input from you guys, I trust the opinions of most of the people on here and I can't search most sites at work. Don't have a hissy dude.
                          No, search THIS site.

Comment

First build and second builds for me were

Completed upper recievers with bcg
                            Stripped lower recievers from the last group buy
                            Generic lower parts kits and stock kits
                            Small hammer
                            Blue painters tape
                            Small needle nose pliers
                            Assembly instructions from the AR15.com site ( Instructions )
                            And 15 minutes for the first one and maybe 10 minutes to assemble the 2nd.

The current build is taking longer since I want to assemble my own upper and I have to buy some of the assembly blocks and what not.
                            Jon

Comment

I found that a pieced together build has the ability to nickel and dime you. Iirc I put mine together for $550. It is nothing fancy. Lower from last years group buy. SAA upper and bcg (bought before this years cluster fuck), DSArms barrel (non chrome lined). LPK (lower parts kit) from last years GB. Adjustable stock from AIM. The rest of the stuff, furniture and sights, I recommend buying used. Ar15.com i got my iron sights there for agreat deal, that isthe best place to start looking if you are attempting a budget build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X