No announcement yet.

Never shot before, need some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in the Keller Southlake area. It sounds like a good idea to go ahead and wait, but I've been overcome by the desire to do it now. I've passed all but 3 detailing accounts to another local detailer, so business is at a crawl. I still lift, do daily pt and have killed a few bad habits but I think a New "hobby" would be good for me during this next 70 days. I'll be picking one up on Friday.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Picking one up on Friday? What rifle?
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Fort Sill in Nov lmao good god man your in for some fun. i was their Dec-March. that place is the shit hole of the world. and yes just wait to go in and do BRM they will teach you the way they want you to shoot they hate people who were shooters out of the military cause you can have trouble adapting to the way they do things.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Picking one up on Friday? What rifle?
          Going to go ahead and pick up a .22

Interestingly, I recieved an offer to trade my car (listed for $1k) for a Colt AR.. That was tempting.

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          Fort Sill in Nov lmao good god man your in for some fun. i was their Dec-March. that place is the shit hole of the world. and yes just wait to go in and do BRM they will teach you the way they want you to shoot they hate people who were shooters out of the military cause you can have trouble adapting to the way they do things.
          Damn. 2 of the recruiters in Keller and their rs command were all 13bravos and went through Sill, they affirmed that it is a shit hole, but "basic was fun". Oh boy. What's your mos?
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

I would wait and let the Army teach you.. At my basic training most of the guys that had "experience" shooting did worse than those that had never touched a firearm. It's easier to start from scratch than to unlearn bad shooting habits.

I didn't have that issue, but that's because I am simply bad-ass.

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
              Going to go ahead and pick up a .22

Interestingly, I recieved an offer to trade my car (listed for $1k) for a Colt AR.. That was tempting.

Damn. 2 of the recruiters in Keller and their rs command were all 13bravos and went through Sill, they affirmed that it is a shit hole, but "basic was fun". Oh boy. What's your mos?
              they were right basic is fun. its fucking work. you'll work harder then you ever have in your life at times but i had a fucking blast. i was 15T "Crew Chief for UH-60's" ill say this it gets cold up their like freeze your dick off cold. the freedom tower was so much fun i wanted to do it again after i was done 40' strait down.lol the gas chamber sucked but was not near as bad as people would make you think but trust me when i say you want to be one of the first people in their. i was in the first platoon so we went in and got the snot and puke set up for the other 3 platoons to go through. so basically if your not the first group in your going to be standing in puke and snot lmao. BRM was ok best advise i can give you about that is just lesion to what your DS tells you and you'll do fine.

Comment

At least read through that, I'm not sure what the latest is but you'll get the idea of what is expected.

The only bad part of learning via the Army is that there are other/better ways to do things. However, if you want a "go" at various stations/skills you better do it their way.

Read up and watch videos on how the Army does it. I'd recommend using an AR though so you can also learn how to do a functions check, field strip and generally learn the sight pictures and how to fire it.

However, they will give you PLENTY of time to do so yourself during your rotation.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
                  Here you go Soap...

[ATTACH]2499[/ATTACH]
                  Hahahahahahah best cow pic yet.

Comment

tell ya what man if your hell bent of learning how to shoot we can meet up ill brink my AR and ill show you a few things and we can blast some holes in paper. just PM me your details and we can meet up one day you and i are free.

Comment

they were right basic is fun. its fucking work. you'll work harder then you ever have in your life at times but i had a fucking blast. i was 15T "Crew Chief for UH-60's" ill say this it gets cold up their like freeze your dick off cold. the freedom tower was so much fun i wanted to do it again after i was done 40' strait down.lol the gas chamber sucked but was not near as bad as people would make you think but trust me when i say you want to be one of the first people in their. i was in the first platoon so we went in and got the snot and puke set up for the other 3 platoons to go through. so basically if your not the first group in your going to be standing in puke and snot lmao. BRM was ok best advise i can give you about that is just lesion to what your DS tells you and you'll do fine.
                      tell ya what man if your hell bent of learning how to shoot we can meet up ill brink my AR and ill show you a few things and we can blast some holes in paper. just PM me your details and we can meet up one day you and i are free.
                      It's cool, scrote! My sister was 'tarded. Now she's a pilot.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

PM sent Blackout
                        Detailing by Dylan
                        817-494-3396
                        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
                          Here you go Soap...

[ATTACH]2499[/ATTACH]
                          Not what i had in mind but. A for effort. Now im hungry.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                            Not what i had in mind but. A for effort. Now im hungry.
                            I'm just giving you crap man. Keep on doing what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
                              Just wait until you get to Ft. Sill, that way you don't pick up any bad habits before your go through Basic Rifle Marksmanship(BRM) during Basic training. Plus, depending on where you get stationed you may have to keep the rifle in the arms room which is a bigger hassle than it is worth.
                              x2 they will teach you everything you need to know. Just remember to take in and apply everything they tell you and you will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X