Never shot before, need some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never shot before, need some advice!

Okay guys, story is that I am shipping out to Ft. Sill in November and have never shot a gun. I figure now is the best time to go for it, so I am in the market for a rifle (I'm 19) and some shooting lessons. I know this sound very vague, but I am new to this and need to learn, and am willing to learn. I would turn to the old man, but he bailed lol.

Where can I turn to to get some good lessons o how to shoot? I'd like to shoot a few things before I go out and mke a purchase. I was thinking of just picking up a cheap .22, but I have no idea which model of weapon would be best for what I need it for; throwing several rounds down to work on marksmanship.

Thank yall for any input, it will help me greatly.

Dylan
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I would say get a Ruger 10/22. They are .22lr and are around $200. They are hands down one of the most fun guns to shoot and to own. You can shoot it with iron sights and learn that and later, if you want, you can throw a scope on it. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
        I would say get a Ruger 10/22. They are .22lr and are around $200. They are hands down one of the most fun guns to shoot and to own. You can shoot it with iron sights and learn that and later, if you want, you can throw a scope on it. Good luck with your decision.
        Or you could be cool and take him shooting with you and Ed...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Or you could be cool and take him shooting with you and Ed...
          I figured since I am such a noob to the site that I should just give small advice and then duck for cover before all the "Tits or GTFO" came flying in.

But seriously Dylan, I don't consider myself a very good teacher, but if you don't get a better offer hit me up and we can go blast sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
            I figured since I am such a noob to the site that I should just give small advice and then duck for cover before all the "Tits or GTFO" came flying in.

But seriously Dylan, I don't consider myself a very good teacher, but if you don't get a better offer hit me up and we can go blast sometime.
            cow pics or GTFO
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
              cow pics or GTFO
              This "cow" shit is annoying as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                This "cow" shit is annoying as fuck.
                deal with it!!!

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

deal with it!!!
                  Stop being a faggot.

Comment

Ft. Sill? Maybe I'm wrong here, but it sounds to me like you've joined the military. If that's the case, just receive the firearms training there.
                    Last edited by bigmuskie; 09-11-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      Stop being a faggot.
                      i know i fuck around a lot on hear. but im ALWAYS respectful to you and everyone else.
                      if you want to call me a fag that's fine....

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Just wait until you get to Ft. Sill, that way you don't pick up any bad habits before your go through Basic Rifle Marksmanship(BRM) during Basic training. Plus, depending on where you get stationed you may have to keep the rifle in the arms room which is a bigger hassle than it is worth.

Comment

Where are you located? That might help if any of us on here want to take you out and at least show you the ropes...
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Wait until you get to Sill. You'll start out on the easiest .22 in the world to shoot, and have free ammo. Also, you'll learn to shoot the way they want you to.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

cow pics or GTFO
                              Here you go Soap...

image004_330215549_std.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X