6.8 ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.8 ammo

I know very little about barrel twist and the grain of bullet or which one is right for me. Here is the upper I bought

I am going to hunt feral hogs with this rifle as soon as I can. My questions are
    1. Will the palmetto upper be able to shoot the hot tactical loads in the 2nd pic?
    2. What grain should i look for with the 1/11 twist barrel?
    3. i read in the other thread that the barrel sucks on this upper. true or false?
    4. The primer for the tactical load require a 4.5 lb hammer spring, doess the standard psa lower parts kit have it?

03 cobra

that upper should serve you well across the spectrum of ammo choices

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
      I am going to hunt feral hogs with this rifle as soon as I can. My questions are
      1. Will the palmetto upper be able to shoot the hot tactical loads in the 2nd pic?
      2. What grain should i look for with the 1/11 twist barrel?
      3. i read in the other thread that the barrel sucks on this upper. true or false?
      4. The primer for the tactical load require a 4.5 lb hammer spring, doess the standard psa lower parts kit have it?
      1. You have the SPCII chamber, you can shoot any available load for the 6.8 out there.
      2. If you are hunting hog go with the 85TSX or 95TTSX. Those or the 110g accubond or 110g pro hunter will do for deer/hog (I shoot the 85TSX since we run into a lot of hog and it has no problem taking down a deer).
      3. It is a lightweight upper, not the best in accuracy but it will still shoot sub-moa. If you ever wear the barrel out they will replace it for free.
      4. The standard LPK will work with the upper, I would replace the trigger with one of the Wilson 4.5lb at the minimum, if not any 2-stage or lightweight trigger will do. Stock triggers suck.

If you have any questions on the 6.8 don't hesitate to contact me. Pretty much anything on the .223 will work on the 6.8 besides a few things like the barrel, bolt, or magazines. The 6.8 makes one badass hog gun so good choice. I normally get my ammo from SSA directly or ammunitiontogo.com

Comment

Thank you both for the replies.
        03 cobra

Comment

Working...
        X