No announcement yet.

Glock 34 Competition or XDM 5.25"....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 34 Competition or XDM 5.25"....?

Need input on both, hopefully from those that have shot them. Looking to move to something cheaper to shoot at USPSA and steel shoots than my current .45 gun. Shot 250 rounds Sunday and 9mm is just going to be a lot cheaper. Been going to at least two events a month lately.

Finger banged the G34 Gen 3 and 4 today, and the XDM 4.5...didn't have the 5.25 in stock. Glock is cheaper and with "glock days" this weekend, you end up with 4 magazines, a range bag and some other crap. XDM 5.25 with fiber optic sights is on back order till who knows when but comes with tactical crap. XD is about $120 more after getting to 4 mags.

Feel wise I liked the Gen 4 G34...but it's a glock. I have no experience with the XD other than 3 minutes playing with it today. I plan on shooting both Tomorrow or Thursday and buying/ordering this Friday.

I'd prefer the Sig 226 stainless Elite but don't want to spend 950 dollars right now.

Do Gen 4 glocks suck or wanna take out my face?!

Thanks!

I thouroghly enjoy my cheaper XD9 5" with XS Big Dot sights. Gun and magazines are cheaper than the M and it doesn't hurt that I own 4 XD9 pistols. I put 250 through my range bitch yesterday at Shoot Smart
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I had a Glock 34 for a while... that is until it jammed on me in a competition. Would not recommend.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Personally, I prefer XD over Glock.

Comment

Just depends on which feels better in your hands. I have put about 3k rounds down my g26, and I have never had a malfunction. Granted, my 90-two, Taurus 24, and CZ-75b have all functioned perfectly as well (with around 500-2000 rounds through each).

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            I had a Glock 34 for a while... that is until it jammed on me in a competition. Would not recommend.
            after only ONE jam...or was it every other shot? I see random jams at competitions all the time. I wouldn't toss a gun after just one jam.....?

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out this magazine issue with my 1911 and I'll tell you, THAT was a frustrating day when there are side bets if the thing jams or not!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              after only ONE jam...or was it every other shot? I see random jams at competitions all the time. I wouldn't toss a gun after just one jam.....?

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out this magazine issue with my 1911 and I'll tell you, THAT was a frustrating day when there are side bets if the thing jams or not!
              Yep, after one jam. When it comes to competition or self defense, I find jamming to be inexcusable. Also the trigger sucked for being "improved", it was extremely top heavy, the sights were terrible (no worse than any other glock), and it was unusually snappy for a 9mm.

If I were you, I would take a look at a Beretta 92fs, a CZ, Witness (many will swear by this one), the new M&P comp gun, or an AR24.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

** TYPICAL CJ POST **

Why not spend that extra money on a reloading press and fix the problem of expensive ammo permanently?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Glocks suck
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

** TYPICAL CJ POST **

If it isn't a 10mm, it sum pussy shit. lol
                    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                      ** TYPICAL CJ POST **

X2, pussy shit indeed!
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                        ** TYPICAL CJ POST **

also valid.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          ** TYPICAL CJ POST **

Why not spend that extra money on a reloading press and fix the problem of expensive ammo permanently?
                          Time. Lazy... considered it because I have access to reloading equipment at zero costs.....lazy. time....

I have too many hobbies that occupy spare time so there isn't much of it. It's nice to be able to decide to go to a sunday shoot Saturday night and buy what I will need at academy in 10 minutes. I know that if I have to crank out 250 rounds for a shoot, I'll pass on the shoot.

I do get what you are saying and have seriously considered it but it just doesn't make sense right now.

Comment

Glock 17 or 34, no question.

Comment

out of the box, the stock Glock 34 is better than the stock Springfield XDm, and it costs less to modify the Glock (e.g. Warren Sevigny plain black rear sight with fiber optic front) than it does the Springfield (trigger kit, sights)

Comment

Working...
                              X