winchester .22 in white box sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    The Remington gold stuff has been the absolute worst in my experience; I prefer Federal for .22
    X2

Years ago I noticed the bulk Remington Golden Bullet and Thunderbolt ammo had much higher FTF than any other ammo. I could even hear a difference in the report on some of the rounds. Their Viper and Yellow Jacket have worked okay but that isn't bulk ammo.

Comment

So with all the .22LR talk, what is all the wax for? WWB won't cycle at all in our sig mosquito or my GSG-5. Bullet bends and jams, then cakes up all the wax and makes a mess. Tried Blazer brand and the Sig likes it, but have yet to run it through the GSG because it is still waxed and GSG specifically says do not use it.

I would love to find a firmly pressed .22 bullet/case with no wax and would pay a decent price for it compared to the $20/500ct crap in a box.

Any suggestions for a non-waxed solid bullet?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        So with all the .22LR talk, what is all the wax for? WWB won't cycle at all in our sig mosquito or my GSG-5. Bullet bends and jams, then cakes up all the wax and makes a mess. Tried Blazer brand and the Sig likes it, but have yet to run it through the GSG because it is still waxed and GSG specifically says do not use it.

I would love to find a firmly pressed .22 bullet/case with no wax and would pay a decent price for it compared to the $20/500ct crap in a box.

Any suggestions for a non-waxed solid bullet?
        CCI Mini Mag is what Sig recommends and I have never had any issues with it in my mosquito. I also have a Sig 1911-22 that I run the CCI in with no issues. You can get 100 at walmart for like 6-7 bucks. I don't know anything about the wax though just speaking from experience with my sig
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I have had good luck with CCI in the Mosquito and used the Federal bulk in the GSG when I had it. i had bad luck with the Remington Golden bulk pack and the GSG5, had one go kaboom and the gun never ran satisfactorily again after that.
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X