winchester .22 in white box sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winchester .22 in white box sucks

just to let you guys know and I am sure you do. I see allot of people posting about .22 and wife bought me some winchester .22 in white box from Walmart and put in stocking and this shit sucks. I have never been able to make it more than 3-4 rounds with out a jam or FTF today I tried some and same result and then I switched to Remington from Walmart and never a issue. I will never shot that crap again. sorry rant over.
    sigpic

I shot a 550 box from pre y2k last weekend . It had been sitting on the porch , rained on ( at least a dozen times) for at least 5 years . Only had one FTF . My model 60ss will eat shit and shoot diamonds all day.
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

my 62a will shoot anything
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

What gun were you shooting and how long has it been since you cleaned it?

Comment

I think Winchester white box just sucks in general.

I like Federal in .22. The rounds themselves seem to be better quality than Win and Remington, shoot cleaner, and have fewer duds. At least this has been my experience.

Marcus
          '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

The Remington gold stuff has been the absolute worst in my experience; I prefer Federal for .22

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              What gun were you shooting and how long has it been since you cleaned it?
              a CMMG .22 and it is cleaned andn oiled after everytime I take it out
              sigpic

Comment

I like Federal bulk for my cheap .22 ammo.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Quadforce View Post
                  a CMMG .22 and it is cleaned andn oiled after everytime I take it out
                  Meh. I haven't seen too many .22 ARs that run with bulk ammo. Try Federal, or buy some mini-mags.

Comment

There are a couple versions of wwb in .22.

My 10/22 has ate everything ive ever gave it. Hell its never even had a ftf or a failure to fire due to bad ammo. I've been lucky.

Comment

My Marlin model 60 (bought at Walmart in 1987 when I was 16) has only had issues with birdshot/ratshot .22 rounds but has eaten thousands of rounds of everything else I could feed it (WWB, Federal bulk, Remington bulk, etc). Try cleaning it.

Comment

555, FTW. Out of thousands of rounds, I've had maybe 20 or 30 malfunctions.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

My Remington 552 and Sears model 25 will run white box without an issue. If you are not trying to reach out and touch something they are pretty accurate with it. I was always told as a kid that if it won't run the cheap stuff, sell it. lol.
                          I run that, some cci and some old thunderbolt through them and have been playing with the super colibri recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            I like Federal bulk for my cheap .22 ammo.
                            This.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                              My model 60ss will eat shit and shoot diamonds all day.
                              Same here I haven't found anything my 60ss won't shoot reliably, my Ruger Mark 3 however is a picky little bitch and only shoot the expensive CCI stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X