Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to shoot some local matches with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to shoot some local matches with me?

I attend, or can say use to attend these matches frequently. I've only shot the pistol matches (due to only owning a pistol) and enjoyed the times I've shot there. Ive shot and shoot in the CHL category, others can shoot OWB / standard holster if they like. The amount to register (per their site) is $25.00. I know hotrod66stang had gone with me once and liked it from what he had told me. So if anyone wants to go and shoot these Thursdays matches feel free to show up!.
    Ill try to attend as much as possible unless work gets in the way..

"Thursday Night Gunfight"
    Every other Thursday @ 6:30p
    Elm Fork Shooting Sports
    10751 Luna Rd.
    Dallas, TX 75039

I have a good friend who goes pretty regularly and I want to go but the weather has been too hot for me. I also only started shooting about 3 months ago so I wanted to practice more before I went out there and made a fool of myself. Give it another month or so and I'll be out there with my M&P.40 that I bought just for that.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
      I have a good friend who goes pretty regularly and I want to go but the weather has been too hot for me. I also only started shooting about 3 months ago so I wanted to practice more before I went out there and made a fool of myself. Give it another month or so and I'll be out there with my M&P.40 that I bought just for that.
      Just go if your a first timer, just get there a bit early. Also, around 7pm its not that HOT. Trust me, im not the best shot but still attend.

Comment

I had heard they were going to shut down the weekday matches due to some noise complaints from nearby residents. I used to shoot at Elm Fork with the DAPS folks for IDPA and USPSA but switched to shooting with Cross Timbers cause it was half the driving distance.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I dont know about shutting down due to noise complaints. I've never noticed any houses near the range. This is also a drive for me, N.Ft Worth.

Comment

I'm kind of interested in this. How do the matches work (for those of us n00bs)?

Comment

Yeah same here. When I was shooting with DAPS at night I wouldn't get home till almost midnight or later especially with all that traffic. When I started shooting with Cross Timbers I just stopped going.
              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Where is Cross Timbers? Is it like this type of match? Unless I find one closer to this side of town im up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                  I'm kind of interested in this. How do the matches work (for those of us n00bs)?

Comment

I've also shot IDPA there many years ago. I might be down for giving it another go.
                    IMG_0424

Comment

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. The time I went with sosoe there were a few police officers (including a chick that was kicking ass), military/ex-military, and a bunch of regular joes. I would definitely go back if I had the time, but that's been hard to come by the last few months.

I need to get back to the range

Comment

Anyone on the West side of DFW check out www.ctidpa.com

Good group of folks though they don't do USPSA IDPA only. But for the guys on the west side it's a lot more convenient to get to them

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                        2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

My buddy goes to the one at Elm Fork sometimes. I've always wanted to go.

Comment

I fully plan on attending once I am fully moved into my house and it stops sucking my wallet dry...

Do they do shotgun matches? I am picking up a 930 SPX this weekend.

Comment

Cross Timbers has occasional 3 gun/ multi gun matches. Shotgun is optional you can just run a pistol and rifle if you want.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                              X