Where to buy a deer feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a deer feeder?

I bought one from American Hunter down in Kaufman but that location is no more and AH got bought out by a company called GSM about 7 years ago and their feeders look cheap and nothing like I bought 15 years ago. I'm looking for a metal feeder that will hold 350 pounds of feed. Where do you guys buy yours at and yes I've looked at bass pro and cabelas and haven't seen anything I liked?
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

I build my own...

Comment

texashuntingforum.com
      ??

Comment

I do like chopped54 and build my own, although It's been a little tough finding a decent barrel these days.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yeah definitely build your own, the ones I see at cabelas and bass pro look like thin crap, won't hold up for more than a few seasons.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

if you need a backpack feeder, my dad is a partner in this company.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

no im not. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

How does that work? You drop feed as you backpack around and wait for a bear to eat you?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'd have to carry a hand full of rocks to throw at thr cattle that would be following me around.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    no im not. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Yeah definitely build your own, the ones I see at cabelas and bass pro look like thin crap, won't hold up for more than a few seasons.
                      Yeah I know. The one I bought 15 years ago still looks a great shape but of course they don't make them like that anymore. At least the websites I've been too. I'll look into building my own. Thanks
                      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                        I'd have to carry a hand full of rocks to throw at thr cattle that would be following me around.
                        Reminds me of the time last year when I had thrown out some corn around my ground blind. A heard of cattle made their way around the ranch and found the corn....it was downhill from there. I waited patiently and after 10 minutes, they wouldn't fucking leave so I got out and threw rocks and tree branches at them...still wouldn't leave. I finally reached my breaking point so I said "fuck it" and got on my 4wheeler and did circles and shit till I pushed them away. Needless to say that fucked up my morning hunt.

When I got back to camp all the other hunters were like "WTF were you doing?"

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          Reminds me of the time last year when I had thrown out some corn around my ground blind. A heard of cattle made their way around the ranch and found the corn....it was downhill from there. I waited patiently and after 10 minutes, they wouldn't fucking leave so I got out and threw rocks and tree branches at them...still wouldn't leave. I finally reached my breaking point so I said "fuck it" and got on my 4wheeler and did circles and shit till I pushed them away. Needless to say that fucked up my morning hunt.

When I got back to camp all the other hunters were like "WTF were you doing?"
                          I've done the whole throwing tree limbs before now I carry a small slingshot and handfull of rocks to the bow blind.

Comment

I bought one like this last year...so far its worked perfectly and looks to be holding up just fine too... I'll see how long it lasts.... really you main concern is the throwing mech not the barrel as long as it holds enough to go for a long time like mine does

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

http://www.deerfeeder.com/ if you build your own try triple c feeders

Comment

Working...
                              X