Ria 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ria 1911

Has anybody has experience with a Rock Island Officers model .45?
    I have a chance to pick one up and I have never owned anything other than
    Colt, or Kimber.
    This one has had a few mods, nothing serious just 200 bucks worth or so, trigger, hammer etc....

Any input will be helpful.

Randy

I pretty much have the same thing you are talking about with upgraded sights and trigger. One of the most accurate guns I have shot but I need to clean mine up a little to feed some of the longer hollow point bullets.

Comment

I've got one... Mines only likes ball ammo. Hollow points don't feed.

Comment

I love mine. Runs Tula FMJ with no issues so cheap plinking ammo is easy to come by. Have not tried it with HP yet though.
        Jon

Comment

I've got the RIA 1911 Tactical in 9mm and I've run brass, steel, and hollow point thru mine without any trouble. Great range gun. With the metal frame and 9mm very little recoil. I want to get the 45 version in my collection at some point
          2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
          1990 GT Convertible

Comment

liking my citadel so far. Only has a about 60rnds through it by me. About to go try some hp through it.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              liking my citadel so far. Only has a about 60rnds through it by me. About to go try some hp through it.
              How about now?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                How about now?
                right? lol.
                2012 GT500

Comment

I had one. First pistol I ever bought when I was 21. Loved it. Never jammed, or stove piped. Good cheapo gun.
                  Cons?
                  It's slide and frame could be heard miles out due to its rattle .

Comment

Working...
                  X