Remington 700 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington 700 question

So I finally found the spring and follower I have been looking for, I got all excited and went to put it into the new stock, I take the barrel off and look down into the well. There is no fucking way to fasten it down. I will post link to the stock that I'm having the problem with.

jb weld

Comment

Did you try calling Choate?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Is your rifle an adl? I'm not sure that you can go from bdl to adl I know you can go from adl to bdl that's s common conversion.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Is your rifle an adl? I'm not sure that you can go from bdl to adl I know you can go from adl to bdl that's s common conversion.
          I think you are correct. Probably have to change stocks, can he cut the stock for the correct bottom metal?

Comment

Is this the same issue with trying to go from a hinged floorplate factory stock, to the Choate stock with no floorplate and just needing the spring and follower?

Can you post pics of your actual problem?
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
              I think you are correct. Probably have to change stocks, can he cut the stock for the correct bottom metal?
              It can be done but not cost effectively, to do it properly it would cost more than the stock is worth.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

The rifle was originally an ADL, there is no hinged floorplate. There is just no way to attach the spring to the bottom. Pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Did you try calling Choate?
                  I stand by my original question.

Comment

I've talked to Choate before when I mounted a Savage 12 in the same stock with a blind box magazine. Factory Spring and Follower were used and no bottom metal was required.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      I've talked to Choate before when I mounted a Savage 12 in the same stock with a blind box magazine. Factory Spring and Follower were used and no bottom metal was required.
                      So would you advocate him calling Choate?

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        So would you advocate him calling Choate?
                        2nd'd!

Comment

Working...
                        X