Need to trade free floats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to trade free floats

Well, unfortunately I got myself in a pickle an ended up with a pretty nice free float handguard that I can't use. I need one that I can use with a piston setup, and mine isn't one. So, I figured why not ask if anyone wants to trade before I go out and spend more money again.

I need one of the following rails, or one that does work with pistons:

Samson Star-C
    Samson Star-C- EX-P
    Samson Star-M
    Samson Star-M- EX-P
    Samson Star-R
    Samson Star-4
    Samson Star-4-DI
    Samson Star-4-EX
    Samson Star-DI
    Samson Evolution Series 4 EX
    Samson Evolution Series 7
    Samson Evolution Series 7 EX
    Samson Evolution Series 9
    Samson Evolution Series 9 EX
    Samson Evolution Series 12.37
    Daniel Defense Standard Length Omega Rails
    Daniel Defense Standard Length Lite Rails
    Daniel Defense Standard Length Omega X Rails
    Daniel Defense 9.5 FSP Lite
    Daniel Defense 12.5 FSPM Lite
    Daniel Defense EZ Car 7.0
    Ergo Grip AR Z Float
    Ergo Grip AR Z Rail
    Midwest Industries Gas Piston Two Piece Free Float Forearm
    Arms #50 Bi-Level S.I.R. System
    Magpul MOE handguards (most recent version cut to accept gas pistons)
    Troy Industries Drop In Carbine (Mid length and Rifle length require removal of handguard tension screw and arm)
    Troy Industries TRX Battlerail Extreme 9" and 7.2"
    PRI Gen III Delta Carbon Fiber Forearm
    Newtown Firearms Modular Free Floating Carbine Rail
    The modified M4 style handguards provided with our standard system

And I'll trade you the free float off my rifle, it has t-marks and it's pretty impressively light, not sure who makes it. It also matches to your top rail.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

If it's from RedX Arms, its a UTG handguard.

IMG_0424

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what's the advantage of having a free floating Handgaurd on such a short barrel? Just personal preference?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        Just out of curiosity, what's the advantage of having a free floating Handgaurd on such a short barrel? Just personal preference?
        For me I want one I can slide a suppressor into, but honestly I've never seen any real evidence that a free float hand guard does anything for accuracy. In theory it should. I honestly don't care what I have on it as long as it works.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Is it the entire thing that wont work or just where the gas block goes that will not clear the hand guard? If it is that I have a mill that can fix that.

Comment

Working...
          X