Marine Corp orders some new Colt's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Corp orders some new Colt's

Looks like their going back to their roots, by ordering some 1911's.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Why not just get a couple of the thousand that are still in arsenals? But then I guess those don't have a rail on the frame...

Comment

There are soon to be 12,000 happy (happier?) Marines out there. Well done, USMC!
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I never saw the Force Recon guys use an M9. They always had 1911's. Glad to see they are getting NEW ones instead of the loose ones I used to see.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Looks like a Sig Scorpion ripoff, but I still dig it!

Comment

The short trigger looks odd I guess it makes life easier with gloves.

Comment

Ouch, $1875 each. They should have checked buds prices first
              IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
                Ouch, $1875 each. They should have checked buds prices first
                That's about right. This way the armorers can bang on em with their $600 hammers. Lol
                On a side note, the Navy was paying $85 each for 2 "C" cell maglights. Doh!
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Test Article Photos of MARSOC Winning Colt Rail Guns

These rather interesting photos come from TEST REPORT FOR THE CLOSE QUARTERS BATTLE PISTOL (CQBP) BID SAMPLES, PHASE II and are of Colt test articles from the CQB Pistol solicitation which was just awarded to Colt yesterday. They depict various frame cracks.

Guns 11, 12, 14 and 15 (1-10 were not fire tested) fired 12,000 rounds before being deadlined due to visible safety-critical cracks found in the slides. Each slide had cracks in the same location, but they varied in size.

One gun had its recoil spring bend enough to bind the slide to the point it no longer could be tested, it was withdrawn from testing.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/07/20...ing-colt-guns/

Comment

that sucks
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

12000 rounds holy crap. They got a job req for that? LOL I'm down to get paid to shoot all day

Comment

A 1911 failing at 12000 rounds is odd, but a whole bunch of them is alarming. I'd love to see all the data for the test and the other guns in the running.

Comment

That would be a large concern to me, but something in the wording stumped me it says the units that failed were "fire tested" seems kinda odd they would word it like that instead of fired.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Looks like it cracks where the base of the rail meets the slide. A radius, instead of a corner, might help the cracking issue.
                            IMG_0424

Comment

I wonder what the rate of fire was for that number of rounds. If they simulated "regular" range use, and paused a second each round, then that's very telling. More likely it was a bit more rapid, as surely soldiers send lead down range in much quicker succession when being fired upon. Even still, if that was only a few magazines at a time, with a cool down period, that shouldn't be a problem.

If it was 12,000 rapid fire rounds as quick as they could swap the magazines, I see that as a potential to cause issue with any semi-auto pistol. Except for the HK's of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X