No announcement yet.

Diaper bags, Concealed Carry and keeping my balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the diaper bag I wanted and the diaper bag that my ex approved for our daughter. Mine was more functional for the task, his was manly and not nearly as functional. He finally gave up and would grab my bag. I think he grabbed the manly bag a handful of times.
    If you want something tactical and functional check out this website.
    Petunia Pickle Bottom offers diaper bags with smart versatility and trendy designs, empowering parents with intuitive features for ultimate organization and style.

Her bags are not cheap, but they're well made, functional, and after carrying mine for a few years, I turned around and sold it on eBay. I got the majority of my money back.

Comment

I had this one

Comment

I'm pretty sure this will fill your needs

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          I'm pretty sure this will fill your needs
          air tight too.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I carry this one. It conceals better than anything I've ever used.

[IMG]absolutely nothing!![/IMG]

Comment

As mentioned above, you won't want to put the gun in the bag since a diaper bag can potentially get nasty and the kiddo will make the bag into her personal game of take it out and put it back in, once she gets starts getting mobile.

Your main objective in finding a bag is to find a bag that will carry everything needed for an hour out with the kid. With a newborn, packing for a one hour trip is the same as packing for being stranded on Gilligan's island. You are going to need 3-4 diapers, a travel case of wipes, a changing pad, a change of clothes, a bottle and formula (if mom isn't breast feeding or with you), and a ziplock bag to put wet or soiled clothes in, and a pacifier (if applicable), at a minimum. When she gets older, you'll keep the core essentials, but will start throwing favorite toys in there and snacks and sippy cups.

For the longer outtings and depending on whether you guys are formula feeding or breast feeding, a bottle cooler, cold packs, or a bottle of water and a formula.

If she's anything like mine, Once she gets to the toddler phase and gets more independent, she'll want a backpack of her own to carry around. This is great, in theory, but she'll get tired of lugging it around, so she'll hand it off to daddy to carry. Then, you find yourself with a miniature Disney princess backpack hanging on your forearm. The man bag just delays the inevitable. You have a wife and a daughter. You will be carrying the girlie bag at some point.

Comment

You all make excellent points. Besides CJ, he just made fun of me. Heck even the ammo can was a water proof option.

I kind of started this more as satire but was seriously considering the ones I posted.

The CCW IN the bag was a bad idea and that is what I wanted to hear from you all. Safeguarding firearms in our house has already began, why would I think the kid would stay out of "Dad's diaper bag" too. Hell I already got a single handgun vault for the night stand. Gun in bag = bad idea; got it. I was just trying to find an excuse to stay fat so my CCW wouldn't print. Time to hit the gym and keep the gun on me.

Thanks for all the input. I guess it is time to embrace the "pretty/girly" things as my own.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Thanks for all the input. I guess it is time to embrace the "pretty/girly" things as my own.
                  Trust me, when the time comes you are not going to give damn about what anyone else thinks about it.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You all make excellent points. Besides CJ, he just made fun of me. Heck even the ammo can was a water proof option.

I kind of started this more as satire but was seriously considering the ones I posted.

The CCW IN the bag was a bad idea and that is what I wanted to hear from you all. Safeguarding firearms in our house has already began, why would I think the kid would stay out of "Dad's diaper bag" too. Hell I already got a single handgun vault for the night stand. Gun in bag = bad idea; got it. I was just trying to find an excuse to stay fat so my CCW wouldn't print. Time to hit the gym and keep the gun on me.

I'm here for you bra!
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I'm here for you bra!
                      Good. She will at least know how to assemble an AR by the age of 4. Maybe I can get you to teach us together how to reload.

Comment

Good. She will at least know how to assemble an AR by the age of 4. Maybe I can get you to teach us together how to reload.
                        More money to her college fund!

Comment

I had one that I bought on ebay was a smaller diaper bag OD green made of ballistic nylon, Seatbelt web shoulder strap, had molle strapping on the outside, open bag on the inside with one zippered pouch and the molle web had the soft Velcro on the outside for patches.

Spikes sent me one of the pre production baby carlos patches that I kept on it a lot I never kept my ccw in there cuz it's to easy to leave/drop/get stollen/ect.

Comment

If you pick up one of the Ruger 10/22 takedown rifles, they come with a bag. The rifle can fit in one side, leaving the other open for baby equipment.

2 birds, one stone - Done!

You're welcome

Comment

Keep the faith brother.
                              My "little girl" has a 600+bhp ride, changes her own brakes/oil, and is very accurate with sizable caliber hand guns.

BTW. You getting my textesses?

David

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                If you pick up one of the Ruger 10/22 takedown rifles, they come with a bag. The rifle can fit in one side, leaving the other open for baby equipment.

2 birds, one stone - Done!

You're welcome
                                3 birds. I get to buy a new gun I have had my eye on.

Comment

Working...
                                X