Diaper bags, Concealed Carry and keeping my balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaper bags, Concealed Carry and keeping my balls

Okay gents, more so gents with kids; evaluate my choices here and give me some feedback or other options.

I have little girl on the way so I am prepping to be a new father. I am sure that I am gonna have to tote the diaper bag on occasion and the one my wife brought home with flowers for her just screams two daddies to me.

So in searching for a good bag that can carry over the shoulder I thought, hell my pistol can go in there too and with the kiddo I won't look like such a Tactical Tommy walking around the grocery store.

Not listed in order of preference.

The 5.11 Push. I have the Maxpedition that is smaller. I like the CCW pouch a lot on this one.
    The 5.11 Tactical Push Pack will carry all your essential gear, making it a great grab-and-go bailout bag.

The 5.11 Rush Messenger. Looks kind of narrow. Can it hold enough shit filled diapers?
    Shop durable 5.11 Tactical Gear. Enjoy extra comfort while on duty with 5.11 tactical clothing that is functional, breathable, and moisture-wicking. Buy now!

The 5.11 Active Shooter. I think this might be the smallest and the mag pouches scream I haz M4 but a bottle or 3 they will hold.
    Find a tactical bag from LA Police Gear to transport your gear and personal belongings in any environment. Shop our wide selection of tactical gear bags today!

The 5.11 Small Range bag. I have the large one and it is way too big to use as a diaper bag except for long trips.
    The 5.11 Tactical Range Qualifier Bag is an 18 liter range bag with enough space to carry your handguns, magazines, ammo, and any other shooting gear you need for a day on the range.

What say the collective? Will any of these offer enough room for a Man's diaper bag? Oh, all in black, no tan or GI Joe green for me.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

everyone of those screams i have a gun to me.

in the diaper bag department i could really car less, whos gonna judge you? every man knows he doesnt get a bit of decision making in that
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Keep the holster, get a non stupid look purse thing for the diapers.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
        everyone of those screams i have a gun to me.

in the diaper bag department i could really car less, whos gonna judge you? every man knows he doesnt get a bit of decision making in that
        So you say go more discreet? Opinion noted. But where does one draw the line at with flowers and glitter?

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          So you say go more discreet? Opinion noted. But where does one draw the line at with flowers and glitter?
          buying the wife a matching big name purse and diaper bag works sometimes. i dated a girl who's baby daddy bought her a matching juicy couture set so she wouldnt go all flower stuff. it worked
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I carry in holster on my hip and just tote the diaper bag.

As far as the girly man bag goes I complained to my wife enough she went out and ordered a John Hart backpack it's bright pink but at least it has no flowers.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              Dude, I have a little Under Armour duffel bag that I freaking love. It was cheap and has held up to 1000 different uses. It's small enough to be convenient and big enough to put a ton of shit into. I doubt it has enough compartmentalization for what you want but something similar would probably rock.

Born and bred on the backs of San Francisco bike messengers, Timbuk2 builds tough-as-Hell backpacks, messengers, travel bags, and accessories designed to outlast you. Free Shipping and Lifetime Warranty.

http://www.rei.com/product/747933/rei-cargo-gym-bag guaranteed forever
              Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 07-26-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I don't have kids, but oddly enough when I first bought my range bag I sat it down with some shirts in it at my nephews birthday party. One of the ladies that walking asked "Who's diaper bag is this".

I wasn't feeling to great about my bag at that point, but my point is a color change might help. My bag is a tan color Voodoo calls "Coyote". In almost any bag I think it might make it a little less obvious. I have every intention of using it as a man diaper bag when the time comes for me to need one.

Edit: This is not the exact one I have, but similar.
                Shop now for the latest gear from VooDoo Tactical at Galls, your public safety authority for tactical gear, duty gear & public safety equipment and apparel.
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Married with a daughter on the way and you're worried about keeping your balls? You're about to have a rough two decades.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Perfect! LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        Ass. I like the compartments. And the Maxpeditions are too expensive.

Comment

We have a Coach diaper bag with my wife's Bersa 380 in it on occasion. I carry that bitch all the time and don't fell any less of a man. I'm a dad with a little baby boy and could give a shit what anyone thinks.
                          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I got nothing. Congratulations on the little one, you have lots of choices coming your way.

My little girl just turned 16 and is driving. I suggest staying home.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                              and could give a shit what anyone thinks.
                              hmm.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X