Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody got an AR that they want to get rid of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got an AR that they want to get rid of?

I'll be in Dallas the second week of August, and am seriously considering picking up an AR, and converting it to Cali specs when I get back. Guns out here are higher than giraffe pussy, and I don't care to deal with the waiting period.

I'd prefer a colt, but I'm not opposed to a well built home build if the price is decent. I'm not necesarily looking for a "buddy deal," but I'm not going to over pay either. I'd rather give my cash to a long-time member than the likes of The Bullet Trap.

I will be carless when I am in town, but for a good/real opportunity I am sure that I can find transortation.

That said, I'll be in town 8/11-8/19, so if there are any GTG's, or anyone near Plano that wants to go shooting (Adam), let me know. I'm bringing my 1911 and .40 pistols, just because I don't want to leave them unattended for 2 weeks.

I've got a nice Daniel Defense with a fresh 14" lite rail that i'd sell (so I can buy a far more expensive La Rue, because I'm crazy like that.

Comment

Since you're in cali you'll have to buy a pre-ban AR15 from us if you want to take it back legally.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Since you're in cali you'll have to buy a pre-ban AR15 from us if you want to take it back legally.
        I am doing the research now, but can I not retrofit the bullet button and whatever to be legal? I am guessing no, or you wouldn't have made the post.

I definitely don't want something that I can't take to the range for fear of jail time.

Comment

That's only if you want to have all of the "features" and a detachable magazine, right?

If you have a bullet button or similar, and an off-list lower then you can bring one into the state.

I've found similar documentation in quite a few places.

Comment

Aaron, either way you go, this is not a simple process. What kind of pricing are you finding on guns locally?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              I've got a nice Daniel Defense with a fresh 14" lite rail that i'd sell (so I can buy a far more expensive La Rue, because I'm crazy like that.
              Got a pic to send? My thoughts on the Colt is that it will hold value better than most, and I'm not one to be at the range every weekend, so my AR will be a safe queen of sorts. I do want to shoot and enjoy it, but I'm not looking for a bargain rifle to beat the hell out of, if that makes sense.

Comment

That's only if you want to have all of the "features" and a detachable magazine, right?
                I am definitely willing to pay more for a detachable magazine, but I didn't think that was possible in CA. I am just beginning the research, so I fully admit my ignorance at this point.

I've been seeing $1500-$2000 for AR's. I'm willing to spend the $1500, but I want more rifle for my money if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Got a pic to send? My thoughts on the Colt is that it will hold value better than most, and I'm not one to be at the range every weekend, so my AR will be a safe queen of sorts. I do want to shoot and enjoy it, but I'm not looking for a bargain rifle to beat the hell out of, if that makes sense.
                  There is nothing bargain about Daniel Defense. I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow. *if I were you, I'd build a featureless rifle so that I could run hi-capacity mags.

* Pistol Grip. Easy enough to work around and the adapters aren't as awkward as they look

* Thumbhole Stock.
                  * Folding or Telescoping Stock. A1 style stock = great, cheap, easily resold if you move elsewhere.
                  * Grenade Launcher or Flare Launcher. Not a problem
                  * Flash Suppressor. Either run a brake or just a thread protector.
                  * Forward Pistol Grip. These are virtually worthless anyway.

Comment

There is nothing bargain about Daniel Defense. I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow. *if I were you, I'd build a featureless rifle so that I could run hi-capacity mags.

* Pistol Grip. Easy enough to work around and the adapters aren't as awkward as they look

* Thumbhole Stock.
                    * Folding or Telescoping Stock. A1 style stock = great, cheap, easily resold if you move elsewhere.
                    * Grenade Launcher or Flare Launcher. Not a problem
                    * Flash Suppressor. Either run a brake or just a thread protector.
                    * Forward Pistol Grip. These are virtually worthless anyway.
                    I know you prefer quality guns, I wasn't saying anything against yours, just letting you know where I come from.

As far as featureless and hi capacity, capacity is 8 rounds for handguns in CA, and I can't see it being much, if any more for rifles. We're not in Texas anymore Toto.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      I know you prefer quality guns, I wasn't saying anything against yours, just letting you know where I come from.

As far as featureless and hi capacity, capacity is 8 rounds for handguns in CA, and I can't see it being much, if any more for rifles. We're not in Texas anymore Toto.
                      Trust me, I'm well aware of CA gun laws. (Remember me travelling? It matters then too)

You can either run the features and a low cap mag and a fixed magazine system like the bullet button, or you can run featureless and use any magazine (pre-ban for hi-cap) you want.

Comment

Trust me, I'm well aware of CA gun laws. (Remember me travelling? It matters then too)

You can either run the features and a low cap mag and a fixed magazine system like the bullet button, or you can run featureless and use any magazine (pre-ban for hi-cap) you want.
                        Knowing that all of my shooting will be done at the range, I'd rather be able to customize the rifle to my liking, than have a few more rounds before I have to swap mags in a featureless gun. I plan on focusing on accuracy for my fun, it's not a home defense weapon. The range I go to has that pesky 1 second rule anyway. Bumpfire is only a fantasy until I find that dream girl that has family land, who's dad is a sheriff that can grant me a CCL.

Comment

Comifornia suck balls.

Comment

I don't think you can have a pistol grip unless it's pre-ban. Which is reason enough to avoid that dumbass swept grip.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I don't think you can have a pistol grip unless it's pre-ban. Which is reason enough to avoid that dumbass swept grip.
                              Bullet button and < 10 round mags means that it's not an "assault rifle" per california's laws. Those two conditions being met, you can have most normal parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X