No announcement yet.

M1911 Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you wanting to use the gun for? You can get a Colt Gold Cup for less than the price you're talking. I have one with some trigger work done. The trigger is about 3 lbs and it is very accurate. It belonged to my dad, who did a lot of bullseye match type shooting. He could regularly put 3 shots touching in the bull at 50 feet with one hand with it.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      What are you wanting to use the gun for? You can get a Colt Gold Cup for less than the price you're talking. I have one with some trigger work done. The trigger is about 3 lbs and it is very accurate. It belonged to my dad, who did a lot of bullseye match type shooting. He could regularly put 3 shots touching in the bull at 50 feet with one hand with it.
      Open carry for the woods, in national parks and CCW. Mostly for something to fight back against natural threats whilst in the wild. I will be moving to Washington shortly for some time, and while I go Lewis and Clark on the fucking forest; I would like to not get raped by, wolves, elk, moose, and bears. Although bears would be like notafuckgiven.jpeg

Although I just remembered that I have a trusty USP in .45, But regardless nothing says Im so fucking cool like a 1911. For better status CJ once said that WWII 1911 bring backs are man guns. Although I wouldn't want to go around the forest and get that relic rusty.
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
        Open carry for the woods, in national parks and CCW. Mostly for something to fight back against natural threats whilst in the wild. I will be moving to Washington shortly for some time, and while I go Lewis and Clark on the fucking forest; I would like to not get raped by, wolves, elk, moose, and bears. Although bears would be like notafuckgiven.jpeg

Although I just remembered that I have a trusty USP in .45, But regardless nothing says Im so fucking cool like a 1911. For better status CJ once said that WWII 1911 bring backs are man guns. Although I wouldn't want to go around the forest and get that relic rusty.
        Expect to throw down a lot more than 1300 for an authentic M1911A1.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Expect to throw down a lot more than 1300 for an authentic M1911A1.
          I think I will start with a Springfield then, but I gotta test that trigger before I buy. Also got new toys to play with.
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

For an open carry "woods" gun I would probably skip the 1911 and go with a good stainless steel revolver in a heavier caliber but that's just me. For home defense, carry, range gun I wouldn't hesitate to choose a 1911 but for something that's going to be used to defend against some big furry critters I would want something bigger at a minimum in .357 Magnum.

Comment

Well damn, it sounds like you need a Delta Elite 10mm instead of a .45.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I think I will start with a Springfield then, but I gotta test that trigger before I buy. Also got new toys to play with.
                Most 1911's have almost exactly the same trigger unless it's a sport or lightened trigger - good.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Theres an STI spartan at cabelas in fw for 699 right now
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Para warthog/
                    Ded

Comment

Phil, I hope youre kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Well he's just gonna go buy one, now.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I agree with Jose, for woods carry I'd find a revolver, preferably a .44 magnum or larger. A .45acp is better than nothing but I wouldn't want to be stuck with it in a bear attack.

Comment

A 10mm would kill 2 bears back to back. I've seen it happen twice.

Comment

How common is good 10mm ammo in stores? It's not a bad round but it wouldn't be my first or second choice for keeping my ass alive when big fuzzy things are roaming around and decide they want to cuddle. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                                Yesir! I was hoping Elvis would tell all.

I've gotten the itch again, so I'll need another 1911 (and an ar variant) soon and I am seriously looking into sti to go with my only gun (witness).
                                Ded

Comment

Working...
                                X