Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1911 Recommendation

Hey Gents

I have been wanting to add a good 1911 to my arsenal, and needed advice on which one.

Not interested in dropping over $1300 on one, and would enjoy one with a good trigger.

I was looking at Sig and Remington, but was wondering if its any advantages to getting a colt?

Fuck yeah!
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

I have a Springfield 1911 govt model. It's goes bang and hit paper where I want it.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      I have a Springfield 1911 govt model. It's goes bang and hit paper where I want it.
      Was looking for a bit more details david, something among the lines.

Ie. I have a Springfield 1911 govt model, it has a 5lb trigger pull and the tolerances enable it to fire hot rounds etc. etc. Very good gun, and manageable.

Needless to say, that was an input that will be taken into consideration.
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

STI has models in that price range and that would be exactly where I'd personally start.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

It has a trigger that goes along with a Govt gun and a $600ish price range.

It's had one FTE in 1000rnds I've shot.

Comment

Get a Colt. Resale is good if you decide to sell.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Look at the Ruger 1911. Better fit and finish than the Sig or the Rem. they have a good trigger from the factory as well.

Edit: forgot to mention, The Ruger is 100% made in the USA - every part in it...
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                STI has models in that price range and that would be exactly where I'd personally start.
                Sti trojan. $1050, you won't find a better gun for anywhere near that price.

Comment

I carry a Springfield MC Operator for work, little over 5k rounds ZERO Malufuntions and has an adjustable trigger as most of the loaded model Springfields do. Great fit and finish. My trigger is at 5lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe168 View Post
                    I carry a Springfield MC Operator for work, little over 5k rounds ZERO Malufuntions and has an adjustable trigger as most of the loaded model Springfields do. Great fit and finish. My trigger is at 5lbs.
                    Adjustable for overtravel, not pull weight.

As for "hot rounds", put a heavier spring in it.

As for tolerances, barrel lockup is the most important. I don't care if there is frame to slide rattle, unless the slide can move enough to come out of the frame rail, don't worry about it.

Another vote for colt, they have the fewest MIM parts of the major manufacturers and the best resale value IMO.. Mine has slide/frame rattle and it's more accurate than I am. Will I ever trade it or sell it? No.

Comment

I've got a pretty sweet little Springfield Champion, if you ever want to shoot it, Adolpho.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm gonna pick up a cheap 1911 as a carry/truck gun that I won't mind getting beat up.

Then next is a Colt Commander in stainless.
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

My RIA compact with adjustable trigger and upgraded sights is a great gun for the money. If you ever plan on selling it a Colt is the way to go plus they are a little more refined.

Comment

Pick up an entry level Springfield or Colt government model in .45.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Pick up an entry level Springfield or Colt government model in .45.
                              x2 on this one. I have a Colt Commander in 9mm and while it is a GREAT gun I would prefer a bit more knock down.
                              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                              X