Sig 2009/2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 2009/2022

I have been looking at the Sig Sauer pro 2009 and 2022. I have found a 2009 at a shop for 408 used. has extra mag and grip. I have also found academy has the 2022 for 399 new.
    Now what I would like to know is what would make the 2009 a older gun more. Is the 2022 crap or something?
    I have done reviews on both and they are basically the same gun. From what I have read the 2009 came out in the late 90's and was Sig's "cheap" gun and the only thing people didn't like about them is they are polymer frames.
    Then they released the 2022 to replace the 2009. In my mind the 2022 "should" have any problems the 2009 might have had fixed. Other than that they look to be the same gun. part for part. The only difference is the 2022 has more of a tactical front rail on it and the 2009 has more of a hidden rail.
    Any of ya ll have one of these? Or have any of ya ll shot one and tell me anything more. Thanks.

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
    I have been looking at the Sig Sauer pro 2009 and 2022. I have found a 2009 at a shop for 408 used. has extra mag and grip. I have also found academy has the 2022 for 399 new.
    Now what I would like to know is what would make the 2009 a older gun more. Is the 2022 crap or something?
    I have done reviews on both and they are basically the same gun. From what I have read the 2009 came out in the late 90's and was Sig's "cheap" gun and the only thing people didn't like about them is they are polymer frames.
    Then they released the 2022 to replace the 2009. In my mind the 2022 "should" have any problems the 2009 might have had fixed. Other than that they look to be the same gun. part for part. The only difference is the 2022 has more of a tactical front rail on it and the 2009 has more of a hidden rail.
    Any of ya ll have one of these? Or have any of ya ll shot one and tell me anything more. Thanks.
    The sig 2022 is one of the best bang for the buck Sigs on the market.

The 2022 has won the French Police service handgun contract that is supposed to run until 2022 (hence the name).

The gun guns can come DAO or DA/SA. Sig has one of the smoothest double action triggers.

If I had to choose it would be a new P2022 with night sights.

Comment

Stay away from anything made by "Sig" that comes out of Exeter, New Hampshire.

^^Summary: Sig's entry takes a gigantic dump. Their response was "Sig Sauer contends that ATF placed too great an emphasis upon reliability in determining which offers should continue..."
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I would take a look at CDNN's current catalog. Sig 2022's are $400 new in there. As for what DOHCTR posted, that was specifically about the 2022 pistol. Sig developed that gun to be a cheaper alternative to a milled receiver gun (which is a cheaper alternative to the old forged receiver gun they don't even make anymore), and is trying to sell it to militaries and police forces the world over. If you're going to pay $400 for a used Sig, hunt up an old P228. Don't confuse that with the new P228R. All the ones without a rail are old police trade in guns. They're not as big as a P226, and they're pretty nice.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
        X