SBR illegal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBR illegal???

Maybe I am missing something, but since he does not mention anything about NFA paperwork is this not an "illegal" sale of an upper? Hell, it seems like this would be an illegal upper for even him to posses. I see this kind of thing pretty often and it never ceases to surprise me that anyone in this day and age would own stuff like this without doing a little research. Hell, every website I have looked at that sells uppers less than 16" has disclaimers telling you about NFA regs. It just seems really hard to buy something like that and not know it is illegal without paperwork (though I do understand where some NFA stuff is confusing and easy to possess without realizing it). Anyway, are there any thoughts on this? Am I missing something?

http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=216162
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

First chance to delete thread.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I think a lot of people are just ignorant to the laws or choose to ignore them. Had a guy list an AK sbr on TGT that I bought from. I called him and told him that was a no no. Told him he had to convert it back to a pistol before I would even look at it. He did and all was well. It freaked him out and he told me he had no idea about the laws. Simply peoples lack of motivation to research and learn.

Comment

There is nothing illegal about that.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Considering that the upper is not the regulated part, his lower could very easily be an SBR lower and he didn't mention it because he's not selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            Considering that the upper is not the regulated part, his lower could very easily be an SBR lower and he didn't mention it because he's not selling it.
            Didn't think about that. I have never gotten into NFA stuff so my knowledge isn't exactly in the expert category. I just kind of assumed that if you buy a short upper the BATFE will kick down your door and shoot your dog regardless of if you have a registered lower.

Comment

Bingo.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                First chance to delete thread.
                I am not going to delete the thread; regardless of me being right or wrong this type of discussion is good to inform people, like myself, who do not know much about NFA regulations other than Suppressors, Full Autos, and SBRs have to have a tax stamp. This will probably spawn another discussion and educate someone.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  Didn't think about that. I have never gotten into NFA stuff so my knowledge isn't exactly in the expert category. I just kind of assumed that if you buy a short upper the BATFE will kick down your door and shoot your dog regardless of if you have a registered lower.
                  If you buy a short upper, you should probably have a pistol lower built or a tax stamp. *assuming that you have another AR rifle lower or complete gun*
                  Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 07-03-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    I am not going to delete the thread; regardless of me being right or wrong this type of discussion is good to inform people, like myself, who do not know much about NFA regulations other than Suppressors, Full Autos, and SBRs have to have a tax stamp. This will probably spawn another discussion and educate someone.
                    Was kind of being sarcastic/humorous but I understand your points. It just seems that this comes up a lot and I thought you were old school around here. Take no offense or anything by my post.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Was kind of being sarcastic/humorous but I understand your points. It just seems that this comes up a lot and I thought you were old school around here. Take no offense or anything by my post.
                      No offense taken; I understand this does come up a lot. However, I have been around guns almost my entire life, but I know very little about NFA stuff, and I figure if I have questions concerning the legality of thing then others most certainly do as well. If a repeat thread helps educate and keep one gun owner out of jail who really means no harm in regards to the law, then I think it is worth it. The NFA is really fucked up and it is far too easy to buy a stock and put it on a pistol and not realize it is illegal; I hate to see a decent person go to jail just because they though something looked cool and the government hates the constitution. Again, no offense taken.

Comment

Yeah, and there's nothing illegal about just having a pistol upper. But like you said, I would want to have a pistol or registered SBR lower (or no matching rifle lower) so that it couldn't be misconstrued as intent.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Yeah, and there's nothing illegal about just having a pistol upper. But like you said, I would want to have a pistol or registered SBR lower (or no matching rifle lower) so that it couldn't be misconstrued as intent.
                          It can be illegal depending on what kind of lowers you have though. It's a huge stupid ass difficult to explain law. Even though the upper is unregulated, it being around a rifle lower is intent to construct. You have to soak all these laws in order many years before you have even a general sense of wtf is going on.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            It can be illegal depending on what kind of lowers you have though. It's a huge stupid ass difficult to explain law. Even though the upper is unregulated, it being around a rifle lower is intent to construct. You have to soak all these laws in order many years before you have even a general sense of wtf is going on.
                            Well put, and this is where I am lacking in knowledge. I know you can easily fuck yourself and not know it, but it seems once a month I read some new way to do that regarding NFA stuff. Mind boggling, for sure.

Comment

If my gun knowledge is correct, which it might not be, you can also buy this upper without having an SBR, just make sure its in a pistol labelled lower.
                              First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                              X