No announcement yet.

AR-15 "pistol" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be mentioned elsewhere, but I'm a little lazy today. What is the ATF reasoning(whether it makes sense or not) as to why a SBR is so dangerous that it needs additional regulation vs. virtually the same weapon without a stock?

Comment

Because they can.

Comment

Cause somewhere somebody in the 30s (about the time of Bonnie and Clyde) decided that making a short barrel and stock setup made it more dangerous. How this shit is still in effect is beyond me. I'd give my right nut if it would make that dumb shit go away.

That's also where the 200 dollar tax stamp came from. Which at that time was a significant sum of money.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          It may be mentioned elsewhere, but I'm a little lazy today. What is the ATF reasoning(whether it makes sense or not) as to why a SBR is so dangerous that it needs additional regulation vs. virtually the same weapon without a stock?
          Because they say so and can fuck you if you don't agree with them.

Presumably because a stock would make the weapon more accurate, in that it would be marginally easier to aim it?

Regardless, it is freaking cool to see that fireball in the middle of the day! Shot one yesterday and it was badass...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Ok well I felt in the clear to get it
            So now it's all MINE. !!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Comment

My brother just sold 2 of these at the gun show in Ft. Worth today. They were a hoot to shoot but nothing I'd want to hunt with. Now, home security???? I dunno if I'd want a .223, brother's gun, going off in the house. Still, a blast to shoot.

One of the guns in the center of the shot below. (10/22, ar "pistol" in .223, ar rifle in .223, respectively)

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

so im good with these never assembled spikes stripped lowers to build one into a pistol?

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  so im good with these never assembled spikes stripped lowers to build one into a pistol?

god bless.
                  If it was listed on the 4473 as "receiver", then yes.

Comment

Hopefully my pistola will be done next month. Only short a barrel/handguards and BCG right now.
                    2004 Suzuki DL650
                    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Very tempted to pick up another stripped receiver for a pistol build. After some quick research the magpul AFG is good to go on a pistol without making it an AOW per the feds.

Comment

Working...
                      X