thinking about a new .22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about a new .22

Ever since 4bangen posted his new toy made we want a new range plinker. I have a standard Ruger 10/22 and a red dot set up for the 50 but I wanted something more idk tactical looking. So I have been shopping around and I wanted to see what others thought.

First: Mossberg Tactical Rimfire Semiautomatic Rifle $259.99-299.99
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat105530580
    Next: Colt M4 OPS Tactical Rimfire Rifle $549.99 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat105530580
    Last: ColtĀ® M4 Ops .22 LR Semiautomatic Tactical Rimfire Rifle $549.99(so far this is my number one choice.)
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat105530580

Just get an ar15 22lr conversion kit for a little over $100 and be done with it.

All those guns look stupid as fuck.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Here is my 10/22 with Archangel stock and red-dot.

$115 for the stock.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I've considered picking up another 10/22 just to use for this drop in kit. The kit can be found cheaper at other online retailers.

We have a huge selection of after market firearm stocks, magazines and accessories all made in our facility in Arizona.

Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I bought a HK mp5 look alike, I also bought an advantage arms kit for my glock 17 but not got to shoot it yet

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Just get an ar15 22lr conversion kit for a little over $100 and be done with it.

All those guns look stupid as fuck.
            /thread

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              Ever since 4bangen posted his new toy made we want a new range plinker. I have a standard Ruger 10/22 and a red dot set up for the 50 but I wanted something more idk tactical looking. So I have been shopping around and I wanted to see what others thought.
              Have you considered the M&P 15-22?

OUt of the guns you posted, the Mossberg I know is generally junky and for AR-15 style, does not even have a charging handle. I've had some good times with the M&P.

The only bad part is there is not really a speed loader for its magazines. It's not HARD to load the mags, but it sure gets old.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Have you considered the M&P 15-22?

OUt of the guns you posted, the Mossberg I know is generally junky and for AR-15 style, does not even have a charging handle. I've had some good times with the M&P.

The only bad part is there is not really a speed loader for its magazines. It's not HARD to load the mags, but it sure gets old.
                i looked at it a few times but was not crazy about the look. i have made a choice and im going with the S&W MP 5.56 AR and if i want to shoot some .22 ill just change the bolt and mag.http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat105522480

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  i looked at it a few times but was not crazy about the look. i have made a choice and im going with the S&W MP 5.56 AR and if i want to shoot some .22 ill just change the bolt and mag.
                  If you're just getting an AR, it's all furniture and cosmetics that change the look. Anyway, figure out what you like and watch some of the local gun sites. Great guns and decent prices. Seen a couple of ARs on THF for good prices - even before negotiating.

Crap...just saw SOMEWHERE and upper for ...never mind...it was mid 400s..

It's a complete upper and then you customize it the way you want.

Comment

I have the Colt M4 and like it a lot. I did not want a conversion kit for my AR that I have to change out when I want to shoot. When we go out shooting we typically lay all the guns out and just pick one up when we want to shoot. I wanted another gun, not a "kit" I had to give up one gun to shoot another caliber.

Comment

I just don't get the need to get more tactical with your .22. It's a .22, I don't want it to be some bulky huge tactical looking high caliber gun. I like the 10/22 because it's everything a .22 rifle needs to be and nothing it doesn't.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        I just don't get the need to get more tactical with your .22. It's a .22, I don't want it to be some bulky huge tactical looking high caliber gun. I like the 10/22 because it's everything a .22 rifle needs to be and nothing it doesn't.
                        It's a different strokes/different folks thing. I can give my reasoning...

I got it at a good price and it looks/feels/generally feels like an AR. Can try out different stuff on it and I can plink with the same sight picture - albeit different trajectory in bullet.

The 10/22 is great, no one can really argue that but it feels more like a hunting rifle to me. Which is fine. 10/22 is on my list for one day owning.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          It's a different strokes/different folks thing. I can give my reasoning...

I got it at a good price and it looks/feels/generally feels like an AR. Can try out different stuff on it and I can plink with the same sight picture - albeit different trajectory in bullet.

The 10/22 is great, no one can really argue that but it feels more like a hunting rifle to me. Which is fine. 10/22 is on my list for one day owning.
                          It's whatever you make it to be. I use mine for hunting primarily.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            It's whatever you make it to be. I use mine for hunting primarily.
                            Understood and agree it can be tactical looking. Still not AR looking an I am an AR nut hugger.

Comment

I'm rebuilding it at the moment going for a 18" OAL side folder so I can carry it on a sling. I just like the weight primarily.

Comment

Working...
                              X