Buis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buis

Whats a good set of Iron Sights to buy? Ive been looking at different brands and they all look the same to me. They can be fixed or flip, and I want metal not plastic.

Thanks,
    Chris

I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell the more expensive the lower they are when flipped down.

If you're going to have say a magnifier in front of a red dot - you'll have to pony up for some of the more expensive ones since they lay lower than a 30 dollar flip up.

I figured this out today since I got a 16" upper yesterday, promptly picked up a CTD special for 30 dollars - perfectly fine but I went to buy a magnifier and red dot and figured out it's not low enough for the magnifier.

So, depending on what you're doing the CTD specials seemed fine to me. Otherwise all the major brands make good stuff. Do you need front and rear or just rear?
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

IIRC, Troy sets the lowest. I have a set of Spikes and my wife's rifle has YHM. They're the same height. I've been debating getting a Troy rear to clear my magnifier.

Comment

I like my magpul gen2 sights. But troy battle sights are da shit!!!
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I have magpul but they are polymer. I really like them and would recommend them, except for the fact you want all metal.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

question, what do you mean its not low enough for a magnifier? if i am reading it correctly, move your optics forward. my sparc is half on my receiver and half on my handguard.

Comment

I've got a set of Yankee Hill and they've been just fine for me.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The two rifles I'm buying these for don't have and most likely will never have any kind of optic, so they don't have to be flip. I'm not totally opposed to the Magpuls, but the set I had before looked and felt like they were made for a toy. I don't mind spending the money for nice stuff, I just don't want any cheap quality shit.

Comment

BUIS = back up iron sights, so inherently in the name they are secondary to some sort of optic.

Maybe a carry handle and a FSB? I mean if its gonna be the only thing you use

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                    BUIS = back up iron sights, so inherently in the name they are secondary to some sort of optic.

Maybe a carry handle and a FSB? I mean if its gonna be the only thing you use
                    I understand the meaning of BUiS, thanks for the explanation though. Maybe I should of worded it better. My last post should of said two of the rifles, not the two rifles. I'm buying Iron sights for five rifles, three have optics and two don't.

Comment

I like the Midwest Industries Same Plane Low Profile (SPLP) sights.

Shop firearms, accessories, and more at Midwest Industries, Inc. — all made with the American quality you expect and deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                        question, what do you mean its not low enough for a magnifier? if i am reading it correctly, move your optics forward. my sparc is half on my receiver and half on my handguard.
                        No rails for hand guards, and AFAIK this is one of the reasons the design flip to side mounts for the magnifier. (Magnifier, not scope)

In my case I'm going with a more simple weapon so I need nice low BUIS.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                          I understand the meaning of BUiS, thanks for the explanation though. Maybe I should of worded it better. My last post should of said two of the rifles, not the two rifles. I'm buying Iron sights for five rifles, three have optics and two don't.
                          Just look at CTD. If you don't want to put optics on there, no reason to spend money on sights that flip up/down IMO. Do you have a front sight post on these weapons or do you need both front and rear?

Comment

I like my matech sight.

Comment

I tried the magpul flip up sights but did not like that it didn't click as you adjusted it and it was hard to adjust with damp or sweaty hands. Replaced it with carry handle and love it.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X