6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by futant View Post
    does any one else see the irony in using 6.5 grendel on a zombie gun ?
    No more ironic than attempting to bullpup a Draco.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      And leave it a pistol. That's the entertaining part.

Comment

does any one else see the irony in using 6.5 grendel on a zombie gun ?
        No, enlighten me.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

It has an SWFA Super Sniper scope on it, great scope for the money. I like that Alexander arms side charging upper, pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            No, enlighten me.
            pretty fucking useless without lots of ammo

Comment

you guys are some serious nutz huggerz.
              thanks for all the helpzwiz spellin 2

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                And leave it a pistol. That's the entertaining part.
                so i should SBR it just to lose out on 200 $ so I can be az cool as u guys?
                gawd can't wait, been looking forward to that day
                It's be SOOO awesome, i'd lose money, and gain nothing!

Comment

Why bullpup a pistol? You spent more on that kit than you would on a tax stamp, and gained nothing. At least with a tax stamp, you could put a stock on it.

Comment

Please explain to me what is gained by a bullpup pistol. Do you know the reason for the bullpup design? It's a way to minimize overall length by wrapping the stock around the receiver. If there's no stock, then what the fuck does a bullpup kit do?

Comment

Hey DieselSmoke, what lower is that?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                        Hey DieselSmoke, what lower is that?
                        POF Gen III
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Why bullpup a pistol? You spent more on that kit than you would on a tax stamp, and gained nothing. At least with a tax stamp, you could put a stock on it.
                          valid point, except it would then be longer unfolded

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                            Please explain to me what is gained by a bullpup pistol. Do you know the reason for the bullpup design? It's a way to minimize overall length by wrapping the stock around the receiver. If there's no stock, then what the fuck does a bullpup kit do?
                            in this particular application, the lack of legally defined stock doesn't mean that what exists there CAN't work similar ....maybe...or at least close to that.
                            Such a valid example is the ar-15 pistols with a buffer tube that is still long.

They are calling this thing an 'arm gun', certainly some ambiguity there but I think it is a fair term considering the ergo's of it are far from a real legal stock would be on a normal rifle. In many ways they really are closer to pistols than to rifles in this gray area.

sort of like this imo - a pistol is legally 'designed to be fired with one hand', but typically you would use two for any accuracy , right ?
                            a rifle is meant to be fired with two hands and a supporting stock.
                            this bullpupped pistol could be fired any way you like legally is my understanding.
                            I have found zero evidence supporting any other legal considerations in regards to that. There are no legal definitions of how x legal gun is handled/fired. (within reason of the bounds of this discussion for 'shouldering' any given gun)

I don't know whether it will really be able to be fired reasonibly well with any support or not from the then bullpup'd receiver area. Plus there is barely any room for your forward hand no matter how you look at it. Besides how damn hot it will get quickly.
                            A mini draco would not work, you'd lose your eyebrows!

basically the way i see it is this, it might work ergonomically for a guy with a shorter than 14" LOP and a thick vest on. It might also work supported in-the-arm-webbing as some ppl do like. I couldn't tell you til i try it myself.
                            I guess if I don't like it, I just sell it. Or like some of you mentioned just go the tax stamp SBR route. I would obviously gain ease of handling, and manipulation immediately as a pro. Con would be it would have to fold to even get close to the 21" length again.

I've been wanting to build a bullpup for some odd 5 years , so this is the only one ive liked but the Keltec one, which I'm just not sure I would pay that price tag just yet.
                            600+250=850 bullpupped draco, no sights
                            keltec one is like 1500+ plus if I remember right. probably the best bullpup out there IMO. Trigger is even supposed to be good. Not sure if they are exactly easy to get one yet though. Even it is right at 26" if i remember right.
                            so that's 5" longer!

maybe what i should have said was 'ultra compact' firepower!
                            Last edited by futant; 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

in this particular application, the lack of legally defined stock doesn't mean that what exists there CAN't work similar ....maybe...or at least close to that.
                              Such a valid example is the ar-15 pistols with a buffer tube that is still long.

They are calling this thing an 'arm gun', certainly some ambiguity there but I think it is a fair term considering the ergo's of it are far from a real legal stock would be on a normal rifle. In many ways they really are closer to pistols than to rifles in this gray area.

sort of like this imo - a pistol is legally 'designed to be fired with one hand', but typically you would use two for any accuracy , right ?
                              a rifle is meant to be fired with two hands and a supporting stock.
                              this bullpupped pistol could be fired any way you like legally is my understanding.
                              I have found zero evidence supporting any other legal considerations in regards to that. There are no legal definitions of how x legal gun is handled/fired. (within reason of the bounds of this discussion for 'shouldering' any given gun)

I don't know whether it will really be able to be fired reasonibly well with any support or not from the then bullpup'd receiver area. Plus there is barely any room for your forward hand no matter how you look at it. Besides how damn hot it will get quickly.
                              A mini draco would not work, you'd lose your eyebrows!

basically the way i see it is this, it might work ergonomically for a guy with a shorter than 14" LOP and a thick vest on. It might also work supported in-the-arm-webbing as some ppl do like. I couldn't tell you til i try it myself.
                              I guess if I don't like it, I just sell it. Or like some of you mentioned just go the tax stamp SBR route. I would obviously gain ease of handling, and manipulation immediately as a pro. Con would be it would have to fold to even get close to the 21" length again.

I've been wanting to build a bullpup for some odd 5 years , so this is the only one ive liked but the Keltec one, which I'm just not sure I would pay that price tag just yet.
                              600+250=850 bullpupped draco, no sights
                              keltec one is like 1500+ plus if I remember right. probably the best bullpup out there IMO. Trigger is even supposed to be good. Not sure if they are exactly easy to get one yet though. Even it is right at 26" if i remember right.
                              so that's 5" longer!

maybe what i should have said was 'ultra compact' firepower!

Comment

Working...
                              X