Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kershaw ram vs blur.

Found a couple knives I like.

Or any other suggestions in the 70 and under range. Doesn't matter if its a assisted open or not. I'm actually leary of them as I farm and I'd hate to fall and it open itself.

I'm leaning towards the r.a.m. it has been discontinued bit I've found a few places with them in stock.

Get an s30v spyderco. You will thank me later

Comment

May take a look at the "needs work" from Kershaw.

Love all my Kershaw knives and the assisted opening (speedsafe) doesn't open very easily. Some knives even have a little lock lever to keep them from opening, but that's usually on the smaller knives.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I carry a kershaw very similar to the blur, I turn wrenchs for a living so I move around a lot and Haier never had it open unless I was intentionally opening it. Another that's not bad snd in your price range is Columbia River, I have one of the 16 series It's pretty good, too.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I ended up buying both.

Got the blur with sv30 steel
          the ram has Sandvik 14C268N stainless-steel with black Tungsten DLC coating

Comment

Byrd. Same a Spiderco, but less $$$. I like the Cara Cara enough to have 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Marss View Post
              Byrd. Same a Spiderco, but less $$$. I like the Cara Cara enough to have 2.
              Similar. Not the same at all.

Comment

I've never had a decent knife. I've got a gatco sharpening kit, and get my 5.11 tactical 2011 collectors edition folder nice and Sharp.

The edge last a week with daily use cutting bale string off bales. Usually I'm just cutting the feed themselves. One nice swipe.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Kershaw as they will keep an edge on them for a very long time even with general use.

Comment

Got my knives in from kershawguy.com

So far i like them. the blur is missing the xxxx on the blade that they put on blems so im not complaining.

Comment

My work knife is very similar to the top but it's red and says Snap-on down the side, it holds a edge damn good considering what all I cut with it.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I just lost my Griptilian, but Benchmade is offering the customize yourself ones now...........so, as soon as I get the money burning a hole in my pocket, I will be making my next one. It was BY FAR the best knife I have ever owned. I have had Kershaw, spyderco, crkt, etc. I stand behind Benchmade all the way. used that fucking knife for prying shit open, opening beers, saltwater, etc etc etc etc. Outstanding design. 2nd place goes to the spyderco I carried for a few years.

Made by us, personalized by you. Explore our custom pocket knives and cutlery and choose from dozens of colors, finishes, and engraving combinations.
                        May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          Got my knives in from kershawguy.com

So far i like them. the blur is missing the xxxx on the blade that they put on blems so im not complaining.
                          good looking knives, though!
                          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Lets keep this going! I like my S&W black ops but it doesnt like to hold a sharp edge.. I'm totally in for one as long as it has a serrated edge, assisted open, the pivot in the middle of the blade (easy to pull out air thing), and a lock... lets say under $125.. mine is a great utility tool but I dont like a dull blade
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Absolutely love this knife. I need to bring her home and sharpen it but has worked great at work. That horn on the blade is a flawless invention. Works every time. Normal carry knife is my trusty crkt desert cruiser. Razor sharp.

Comment

Working...
                              X