Good zombie sidearm gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good zombie sidearm gun

I'm going to be getting one of these asap. I've been looking for a range gun that is cheaper to shoot. I'm getting tired of spending a crap load of money on .45 and .40 rounds. Plus I think I'll replace this gun with the .45 that is in my wife's night stand. Less worries of one of these rounds going into the neighbor's house plus she will have the option of shooting the bastard 30 times.

If the zombies ever come a gun like this would be bad ass. 30 round clips with ammo that is cheap and light to carry would make you better prepared.

I have one that I paid $350 for new in box.

Decent little shooter. Very light, decent trigger, easy to clean, and reasonably accurate. I must say that it is a phenomenal backpacking gun as even loaded it is lighter than any of my other hand guns.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I bought mine about two months ago. A buddy sold me his because he bought a new one. I must say I have been impressed with several areas of the gun. First 30 rounds, a LOT of fire power. Second, .22 mag bullets. I had no idea that the .22mag round was that formidable. I always classified it into the .22 lr group! I was wrong. Third, the ruggedness of the gun itself. I am carrying this more and more on a daily basis.

Just my 2.c

Randy
      Last edited by likeitfast55; 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

IF .40 and .45 is so expensive why not spend that $400 on a reloader? Just saying...

And the PMR-30 is a really cool gun.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Anyone sale these locally? I am torn between this and a PT-58 HC.

Comment

CJ, the only ammo I reload is my .357 mag, and .38. 5.56 is soo cheap that it is not worth it.
            22 is same way. .40Glock is not shot enough to worry about cost. I shoot my wheel guns mostly and 4 to 500 rounds when I go to the range. I do have dies for .40. The RCBS does them quite well I might add.
            This next year I will try and consolidate my guns to be in like caliber. So far I want .308(long range) 5.56 just because ammo is plentiful(and a good round) .38/.357 I have a lot of these guns. .22/.22mag plentiful cheap ammo.

.12 gauge shotgun, 00 buck/slug (personal defense) That is 5 different stockpiles of ammo. Maybe the year after I will thin that out even more.

Randy

Comment

I really like .22 Magnum but wouldn't use it for self-defense if I had almost any centerfire handgun, and I would be more worried of overpenetration with the .22 Magnum than with a .45.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

SO they made a FN 5.7 that takes cheaper ammo that works just as good as the non AP stuff :P
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                  CJ, the only ammo I reload is my .357 mag, and .38. 5.56 is soo cheap that it is not worth it.
                  22 is same way. .40Glock is not shot enough to worry about cost. I shoot my wheel guns mostly and 4 to 500 rounds when I go to the range. I do have dies for .40. The RCBS does them quite well I might add.
                  This next year I will try and consolidate my guns to be in like caliber. So far I want .308(long range) 5.56 just because ammo is plentiful(and a good round) .38/.357 I have a lot of these guns. .22/.22mag plentiful cheap ammo.

.12 gauge shotgun, 00 buck/slug (personal defense) That is 5 different stockpiles of ammo. Maybe the year after I will thin that out even more.

Randy
                  I was directing that at the OP. .223 has a huge saving, you should look into it. I can load it for about 30% of the cost.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post

Randy
                    For personal protection in the 12, try #4 turkey loads. Much better IMHO.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      O RLY? Did you shoot the same guy with each, or did you shoot two different guys?

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                        Anyone sale these locally? I am torn between this and a PT-58 HC.
                        I saw three at the last gunshow at the Mesquite Rodeo and they were all $500. =(
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          With a 12ga it doesn't really matter especially in close quarters/home type stuff, I've fucked plenty of stuff up with 1 1/8oz loads of #8 shot. You get popped with anything coming out of a 12ga at close range your having a bad day.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                          X