1911 Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
    Sweet how much do you want for one of those grips?
    $20 and you can have both sets. Looks like the ones on Mach1's pistol, just bigger for the full frame.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cool probably won't be able to get to Arlington till this weekend, I'll shoot you a PM and we can set something up.

Anyone have any input on any other mods for these? Maybe sights or trigger upgrades are any of those worth the cost or should I wait till I step up to a big boy .45 gun?
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

What do you perceive to be your guns flaws?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
          Cool probably won't be able to get to Arlington till this weekend, I'll shoot you a PM and we can set something up.

Anyone have any input on any other mods for these? Maybe sights or trigger upgrades are any of those worth the cost or should I wait till I step up to a big boy .45 gun?
          Like car mods, anything you do won't necessarily increase the value of the gun. That having been said, if you know that you are eventually going to replace it with a .45, and not just add another to the collection, I'd suggest looking at mods that will transfer over to the bigger gun.

Like Adam asked though, where is the gun lacking in your opinion? Unless you are just looking to spend money on your toy, I'd suggest putting any mod money into ammo, just enjoy the gun as is, and practice. I say pick a comfortable grip and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Like car mods, anything you do won't necessarily increase the value of the gun. That having been said, if you know that you are eventually going to replace it with a .45, and not just add another to the collection, I'd suggest looking at mods that will transfer over to the bigger gun.

Like Adam asked though, where is the gun lacking in your opinion? Unless you are just looking to spend money on your toy, I'd suggest putting any mod money into ammo, just enjoy the gun as is, and practice. I say pick a comfortable grip and be done with it.
            That's pretty much it, I don't think there are any problem areas just wanting to hear some opinions on how to spend money modding it. I'm pretty new to the whole gun thing.
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Have the trigger tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, 1911's aren't real tricky but if polished too far trigger pull goes to hell real fast.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

My Gold Cup just has a trigger job, Pachmayrs, and a Wilson Combat recoil guide and spring to match the handloads. It's a sweet shootin' bitch.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                X